Waiting Game

Blueberry felt like he was being watched and honestly he probably was. Now that Nightmare had felt Blueberry's hidden darkness, he was watching... waiting. Blueberry didn't want to know why. What would Nightmare do if he got Blueberry to give in to his negativity? What would Dream do if he was taken? Would he even care..? Blueberry shook his head. "NONE OF THAT NOW!" He slapped his cheekbones. "none of what?" Dream looked at Blueberry and he look away blushing. "N-NOTHING DREAM. JUST BEING SILLY.." Blueberry was over for a movie night. "are you ok blue? something feels off about your soul..." Dream looked him over worriedly. "I'M FINE, I'M FINE! REALLY!" Blueberry insisted,  waving his hands in front of him. Dream narrowed his sockets. "... take care of yourself blueberry, i do care for you." Blueberry smiled weakly. He was tempted to say 'But not the same way I care for you'. "I AM DREAM, DON'T WORRY."
"boys, get your tailbones in here for the movie!" Dream perked at Ink's call. "coming!" Blueberry sighed quietly, forcing his negative thoughts down again. "I'M COMING!" He followed Dream over to Ink with a bowl of popcorn in his hands.

🌟🌟🌟

When he got home, Stretch had thought it was a great idea to tickle him... like a kid. Blueberry got... upset say the least. He refused to show it though, once again shoving it down. As soon as he got to his room he grabbed his bandana tightly. "hurts, doesn't it." Nightmare's cyan eye glowed in the dark corner of Blueberry's room. "IS THIS GOING TO BE A NORMAL THING NOW?" The dark King walked over to Blueberry's bed and sat down, crossing his leg over the other. "perhaps." Blueberry grinned, rubbing at his forehead. "WHAT DO YOU WANT WITH ME, NIGHTMARE? DO YOU WANT TO USE ME TO GET TO YOUR BROTHER?" He asked with a weary smile. "if i was going to do that i would have taken you to my base already." Blueberry took a cautious step towards Nightmare. "THEN WHAT DO YOU WANT WITH ME?" He asked again. Nightmare hesitated. "i wasn't sure before, but i've decided to help you." Blueberry shook his head. "I'M SORRY, BUT I DON'T NEED HELP." Nightmare gave him a skeptical look. "you do. you're killing yourself slowly pushing down your feelings. you aren't killer." Blueberry shook his head again and ignored Nightmare while he prepared to sleep.

🌟🌟🌟

Day by day and night by night Blueberry continued to ignore Nightmare and shove down his negativity. His soul was quite literally breaking under the pressure, but for everyone else he kept being happy. It was irritating for Nightmare in every way. Then they went through Genocide. Nightmare had been at his Castle of course, but when he checked up on Blue... "are you ok there?" Blueberry was laying face down in his bed. "I'M FINE.." Blueberry replied through muffled sheets. "You certainly don't look or sound fine. it's four in the morning, what are you even doing up?" Blueberry moved his head and picked himself up. "WHY..." Nightmare quirked a brow. "why what?" Blueberry looked at Nightmare with a tear stained face that he didn't bother to try and hide. "WHY DOES CHARA DO THIS TO US.." Blue broke down sobbing, leaving Nightmare both shocked and unsure of what to do. He wanted Blueberry to give into his negativity more, yes, but he wasn't exactly expecting this. Finally Nightmare sighed and sat beside Blueberry, rubbing his back. "i don't know why the humans do what they do, but you're not alone. if you ever need to get away for a bit... my place is open. we- the boys and i- are here for you." Blueberry sniffed and tried to wipe away his tears. "THANK YOU, NIGHTMARE... I NEEDED THAT.."