2 - Meeting

9 September 2022, 1025 hour
20 kilometres southwest of Chiruna, Northern Ocean

Captain Líus Hólmarsson received the message from the Samlengi to let the other fleet's captain board their ship to meet them in person.

Captain Líus then agreed and went closer to the Marinsean fleet.

He spoke on the loud speaker, "This is Captain Líus Hólmarsson of the Southwest Squadron. We have gotten permission from our government to let you board our ships."

The other captain replied, "Very well, then." Then, the Marinsean fleet dispatched a four rowboats and head towards the Chirunans. Captain Líus was a bit nervous meeting them in person. Who knows what tricks they have in their sleeves? Líus just swallowed those thoughts and focused on the meeting right now.

After around 5 minutes, the rowboats managed to dock to CNS Nesjahvík and out came the captain of the fleet.

Líus was there to greet them along with his officers. "Pleasure to meet you people. I'm Captain Líus Hólmarsson, commanding officer of the Southwest Squardon."

The Marinsean officer looked around the small ship for a bit and replied, "It is my pleasure, Captain Líus. I am Captain Javien Gordon, commanding officer of the 7th Squadron of the Royal Marinsean Navy. I see your nation is quite advanced by the steel ships you have."

Líus replied, "Advanced? Isn't this the norm for the rest of the world?"

"What are you talking about? The rest of the world use ships like mine, albeit certain nations have them more bigger and powerful. Only three nations of the world operate steel ships, but in small amounts. Have you not known that?"

Líus was confused. He thought the rest of the world has the same ships as them. But perhaps, they are in... a different world?

Back in Rusamlinghús
1030 hour

The meeting room was in shock hearing Captain Javien's statement. Wooden ships are the norm instead of steel ones?

"Your excellency. Sorry to interrupt, but I think have an idea on our current situation. May I?", asked Annika.

Haki nodded, "Go ahead. What do you have to say?"

"After seeing and hearing the various things happening to us recently, I have come to a conclusion that may sound crazy. We might have been transported into another world, a medieval world."

After Annika's statement, the whole meeting room went noisy.

"Huh!? This can't be happening! What about my daughter who's studying overseas!? Is she now gone!?"

"Our nation's economy will suffer more than we thought..."

"Should we even trust this world!? Maybe they are imperialists or straight up barbarians!"

Many were worried regarding things like their family, the economy and the hostility of the outside world. Everything went silent when Haki yelled, "Order!"

He continued "I know we're in a tough time. But maybe, just maybe, we'll make it. Maybe will go back to our old world. But for now, lets calm down and think on what we should actually do now."

The whole meeting room went silent. The prime minister was right, they shouldn't fight over eachother and instead think on what to do. Then, some ideas popped up.

Back at the Chirunan-Marinsean meeting
1035 hour

Captain Líus and Captain Javien was talking about thing regarding each other's nations.

Captain Javien asks, "So, since you're way up north than us, surely it must be freezing, eh?"

"Well, not at all. I mean, it is cold, but we're used to it already. Also, you did say your nation have wyverns. I have heard of them but in fantasy stories only."

"Really? How did your nation defend yourselves with no wyverns?"

"We advanced scientifically and develop our own version of wyverns, we call them "aircrafts". Although we have a military, we don't use it often other than for peacekeeping or special operations and since we're isolated on the north, its relatively peaceful."

"I see, I see. I was wondering for a while now, but what is that black bar thing your sailor is holding?", he asks, referring to a sailor using a smartphone to capture the meeting.

"Ah, that? Well, it's nothing to worry about. It's just a smart gadget we all use. It can capture pictures and videos and also send messages to anyone."

"Very nice gadget, if I must say so myself."

Líus then remembered the thought he had earlier about them being transferred.

"Well, Captain Javien. What would your reaction be if I told you we're not exactly from this world? To be specific, if we were transported from a different world to this one. What would your reaction be?"

"A transferred nation? Well, those only exists in myths and fairytales. Although if it were you guys", he looked at the Chirunan attire and black staves on their hands, "I would kinda believe it."

"I see, thank your for answering", after saying that, a petty officer first class went up to him to say something. After the petty officer whispered something, Líus then turned back to Javien.

"Well, Captain Javien. It was nice meeting you but I'll have to head back home. Its an order from my higher ups."

"It was nice meeting you too, Captain Líus."

"Thank you. Oh and also", he says, almost forgotten, "our nation will send diplomats in two days time to establish proper relations with you nation. I was wondering, where is your nation located from here?"

"It's to the southwest of here", he points to a direction.

"I see. Well then, I hope we meet again at a later time."

"I sure hope we do", says Captain Javien before he and his sailors head back to the rowboats and row back to their ship.

"Order the ships the turn back and head back to Port Parfestki", Líus orders.

???, ???
1050 hour

In a beautiful courtyard of a majestic palace, lies a large oval table where a meeting is taking place. 10 people were gathered on the table, with some having long ears.

One of the long eared people stood up and said, "Gentlemen, it is a pleasure to meet you all in this courtyard. Our current meeting shall be about the massive movement of troops from our aggressive neighbour, Imperia Romadia. I accept any proposals on ways to combat this issue."

Then, a messenger came from the door to the courtyard in a panicked state, "Pardon my intrusion, your excellency! I have news from the 7th Squadron!"

The long eared man responded, "It's fine. What is it?"

"Exactly on 1025 hour, a fleet of two ships belonging to a nation called Republic of Chiruna made contact with the squadron! It it unknown on what this nation is like, but it is reported that the nation has steel ships!"

The whole courtyard was shocked.

And thus, this is the beginning of the relations between the Republic of Chiruna and the Kingdom of Marinse.

A/N: second chapter. hopefully is good. please give some criticism if you have any.

other than that, stay hydrated and have a nice day!

edit: also, short note. i may edit the chapters on random intervals with no announcing whatsoever, so do re-read certain chapters if you need.