7 - Battle off Suwima

25 September 2022/1609, 1005 hour
Few kilometres from the Romadian-Marinsean border

6 days have passed since the failed diplomatic mission on Romadia, the Chirunan Expeditionary Force has been sent in accordance to the bill passed by the Rusamlingi. Only 85% of the forces has been sent, with only a day left on the deployment schedule. A FOB has been established a 20 kilometres east of the Romadian-Marinsean border called FOB Skjöldur.

Currently, the 2nd Mechanized Batallion, containing 300 soldiers, 6 IFVs (2 of which had AA capabilities), 13 APCs and a number of trucks, of the Expeditionary Force is sent to a small village called Suwima to evacuate the villagers in the village. The small village is located just 4 kilometres off the border and is in the South Marinsean Plains, making it a top priority for evacuation.

The population of the village is 450, comprising of a demi-humans majority. If the Romadians were to invade, lets just say they would have a field day having "fun" on the village.

The villagers got onto the trucks provided by the Chirunans, although limited in numbers. The villagers can't help but praise the comfortability of the trucks. Currently, only 150 out of 450 villagers have been evacuated, so they still have a long way to go.

Some soldiers chatted with each other, even though they were very close to the enemy borders, they were pretty relaxed.

The Romadians, after the incident, has increased its speed on the mobilization of their troops on the border. Certain figures could count up to 100,000 on the Marinsean border, though this may be inaccurate.

All was going fine until they heard a loud trumpet sound. It came from beyond the border, meaning the Romadians are probably starting their invasion.

The commanding officer of the batallion, Lieutenant Colonel Edvard Álfsson, orders through the radio, "Attention to all soldiers in Suwima! The Romadians may have begun their invasion! All soldiers must go to your battle stations, now!"

The relaxed atmosphere has now turned serious. Many soldiers took up their designated positions, manning the machine guns, aiming their rifles at the border, et cetera.

6 minutes passed until they saw hundreds of silhouettes approaching their positions at around 700 metres away. Lt. Col. Edvard then spoke through the radio, "Remember, men. This is the first battle of this damned war. Even if they outnumber us, they only have spears and arrows! Steel your hearts and I want to see everyone do their bests!"

The morale of the soldiers increased from this short speech. The Romadians approaches steadily, now 500 metres away from the Chirunans. Everyone is now preparing to pull the trigger, waiting for the order to pull it.

Once the Romadians reaches 300 metres, an order came.

"Fire with all you got!"

And thus, the Chirunans fired. Assault rifles, machine guns, auto-cannons, everything. The Romadians, not expecting an attack like this, fell one by one. However, the Romadians do have one thing, wyverns.

On the skies, 12 wyverns were spotted, flying towards the Chirunans. It's fireballs is similar to napalm, burning everything upon impact. Unfortunately for them, the Chirunans has a way to counter them. The AA variant of the CV-90 IFV (Lvkv 9040) fired its 40 mm autocannon towards the wyvern. It's programmable 3P ammunition were set to "air targets", and thus the wyverns were shot down easily.

The battle wouldn't stop until 10 minutes after it started. The once beautiful field of the South Marinsean Plains is now littered with bodies of footmen, cavalry and wyverns. Estimated casualties ranges from 900-1100.

Lt. Col. Edvard felt something was wrong. He heard that the Romadians has around 100,000 men at their disposal on the border, how come they only send 1000 of them? He came to the conclusion that the men attacked them were advance parties.