4 - Delegations

15 September 2022, 0755 hour
On the docks of Port Orissa, Marinse

A gentle morning breeze grazed over the beautiful port. Stalls are being opened and their customers are pouring in slowly. The capital was slowly beginning its daily activities.

Standing on one of the docks were Adam Dale, a Marinsean diplomat, Admiral Ulric Etton, an admiral from the navy and Lieutenant General Phillips Clerk, a general from the army. They were told a fourth person would join the delegation but they weren't told who it would be, other than that they would be from the royal family.

Then, a galloping noise was heard and soon a royal carriage arrived near the docks. From the carriage, out came a person of the royal family, Princess Leena Olacaryn along with her guards.

"Y-Your highness! I didn't know you would be a part of the delegation!", said the suprised Phillips.

The princess replied, "Well, my father wasn't too happy about it, but he eventually gave in. I was curious about this nation and I decided to join it. I apologise for not telling you all sooner."

"I-I see...", said the general.

In reality, the princess applied to be a part of the delegation due to wanting to escape the tiring task of being a princess and instead, wanting to try something new for once. Of course she knows the dangers of travelling outside the nation, but she's confident in her martial art skills, being thought to her ever since she was little.

And now, they're currently waiting for a Chirunan squadron entering the port. It's scheduled to come at 8 A.M, but they came in early to prepare, mentally.

At exactly 0800 hour, three metal ships, identified as Chiruna's, was spotted entering the port area. Two of it waited outside, while one soon went in and docked at the dock the delegation is standing on.

The commanding officer went out of the bridge to greet the delegation.

"I assume you are the delegation that the Kingdom of Marinse is going to send?", asked the commanding officer.

"Indeed, we are", Adam replied.

"Well then. It's a pleasure to meet you all. My name is Lieutenant Einþór Kalason, the Command Duty Officer of the CNS Thorski."

"My name is Adam Dale, diplomat of Marinse. This person here is Admiral Ulric Etton, representative from the navy, while this person is Lieutenant General Phillips Clerk, representative from the army.

And of course, our special guest, her highness Princess Leena Olacaryn", said Adam, while the princess gently bows in an elegant manner.

Einþór was a bit shocked hearing that a member of the royal family is joining the delegation but continued nonetheless.

"I see. Well, thank you for joining the delegation, your highness", said Einþór.

"Its my pleasure", replied the princess.

"Back on track, according to schedule, the delegation will board the CNS Intwelo and arrive at Parfest at approximately 1030 hour. You all may board the ship."

The delegation soon board the small warship and went out of the port along with the two other ships of the same class, the Sverfiskur-class, onto the open sea.

During their journey back to Chiruna, the delegation had their time of talking about Chiruna's technology and things related.

Admiral Phillips asked, "I must say, your warship design is very... interesting to say. But there is only one small cannon on this ship," he points to the turret, "isn't that a weakpoint to your designs?"