8 - Naval Battle

25 September 2022/1609, 1500 hours
Few kilometres off the southwest coast of Marinse

On a bit cloudy evening, a large fleet of warships is currently on the move on the Marinsean waters.

This is the Grand Fleet of Imperial Romadian Navy, a 1100-ship fleet tasked with sinking any form of Marinsean naval defences. They're expected to reach Orissa on 1530 hour.

On board the warship Cosimo, Admiral Corrado Calandri was standing on the bow of the ship, breathing the fresh Marinsean air. He then went over to the port side of his warship, admiring the huge fleet of warships under his command. Surely nobody could defeat this fleet! Well, except for the superpowers of course, they have steel ships with powerful cannons, so they might not stand a chance. But, with some luck, they could possibly beat the Imperial Parsinian Navy, the region's superpower.

Chirunan POV
Orissa Harbour, Marinse, at the same time

Just outside the harbour, a fleet of strange steel warships is in formation, waiting for something. The fleet consists of 2 Stosscl-class corvettes, 5 Umdæmi-class FACs and 5 Sverfiskur-class FACs.
These are the ships part of the Chirunan Expeditionary Fleet, commanded by Commodore Henry Irklansson aboard CNS Stosscl, the lead ship of its class.

Currently, they are waiting for the Romadians to make a move. They received help from the Air Force as they provided a Learjet 35A/S to do reconnaissance for them.

During their waiting time, they requested a Marinsean naval officer to go onboard CNS Stosscl. The Marinseans sent Lieutenant Havial Mirshal as a representative from their side.

Upon arrival at the Stosscl's bridge, Havial had to ask, "Excuse me, Commodore Henry."

"Yes, Sir Havial?"

"Well, I'm a bit worried, you know. We are currently facing a fleet with 1100 ships and yet we have 12 ships at our disposal. Aren't we too outnumbered?"

Henry chuckles as he hears that statement, "No need to worry, Sir Havial. You just need to remember one thing which is that the Romadian ships are, honestly speaking, very inferior to our own. That's all that needs to be said. No need to be worried."

Although Havial isn't convinced, his worries went away a bit.

Then, a message came from the pilot of the Learjet; "This is Vulture-1! The Romadians are on the move, currently around 20 kilometres away from your position, Stosscl! I repeat..."

Upon receiving this message, Henry orders the fleet; "Attention, all men! I just received the word that those Romadians are on the move! All men to battle stations!"

All of the sailors rushed to their stations, preparing for the incoming battle. The fleet set sail towards the Romadians fleet at the speed of 17 knots (31.484 km/h), expecting to meet in around 20 minutes.

The Romadians are unknowingly sailing to their doom.

Lokevasa POV
20 minutes later, few kilometres of the coastal village of Lokevasa

On the beautiful cliffs of Lokevasa, the people there were treated to a strange yet terrifying sight.

1100 warships belonging to Romadia and 12 ships belonging to Chiruna are about to engage. Many people are gathered on the cliffs to witness this possibly legendary battle.

A blue-haired girl went over to the cliff to see it. A Lokevasan villager asked the girl; "Who are you? I haven't seen you around here before."

The girl simply said, "Ah, I'm just your average traveler. The name's Ixie, pleasure to meet ya'!"