6 - Accidental Spark

19 September 2022/1609, 0925 hour
Meeting Room 2, Rusamlinghús

It's been 10 days since the event that brought Chiruna to this world. They have successfully made relations with a nearby nation called the Kingdom of Marinse. They're a mixed-race kingdom with vast farmlands which were very fertile due to a "blessing from the gods".

On this fine morning, the Meeting Room 2 was used by the Rusamlingi. Their current topic or bill to discuss is about the sending of the Chirunan Armed Forces to Marinse to defend the Marinseans from the rumored Romadian invasion.

"The meeting starts now. The current bill we're gonna discuss is about sending the newly formed Chirunan Expeditionary Force abroad to Marinse in order to defend them from the Romadians. Anyone?", asked Haki.

"I would like to object on passing this bill, your excellency", an MP spoke.

"Your reasons, MP Nesjahvík?"

"I'm worried about our image to the people, your excellency. They'll start thinking that we're imperialists since there's no other nation to stop us."

"I'm also worried about that too, MP Nesjahvík. But, I do believe that if we try to give enough reasons and convincing our people that we are sending these troops for the security of our new ally."

"Hm... It is true, your excellency", the MP went silent.

"Anybody else who would like to object?", Haki asked the MPs.

Silence followed, meaning no objections.

"Since nobody objects, I, the Prime Minister of Chiruna with the support of the Rusamlingi, hereby pass the current bill about sending our military abroad."

The bill has passed and thus, the Chirunan Expeditionary Force has began to move, to help their new ally.

"Before I would disband this meeting, does anyone have anything to talk about?", asked Haki.

"Your excellency, I have one", a man stood up. He was the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Frisja Orlansson.

"Go ahead, Mr. Orlansson", said Haki.

"After establishing relations with another smaller nation bordering Marinse called the Principality of Arikhan, they said they have some sort of "black water" sometimes sprouting from the ground, which we believe to be oil. We asked them if we could get the said "black water" and they agreed, saying that they have no use for it anyway. They also agreed on our request to conduct mining operations in the region, due to the abundance of valuable minerals."

"That's great news! Our economy might recover with this"

"On the other hand, my ministry is now trying to contact the Imperia Romadia."

Everyone in the meeting room, including Haki, started to worry.

"The diplomats are currently on their way to the capital as shown on the map given to us by the Marinseans."

"I see... Is there anything else to say, Mr. Orlansson?"

"No, your excellency."

"Alright then. The meeting is now over, all MPs may exit the meeting room. For the Minister of Foreign Affairs, I would like you to meet me for a moment", Haki announced.

As the rest of the MPs left the room, Frisja met with Haki as announced earlier.

"What is it, your excellency?", Frisja asked.

"Regarding the attempt to contact the Romadians earlier, please keep me up-to-date on anything about it."

"I will, your excellency. Is there anything else?"