III

Soul

Soul

"She not gone wanna befriend you after you kidnapped her." I try to tell Spirit as she lays down on my lap, watching TV.

"She gone come around." She waves me off.

"Lemme ask you sumn." I say.

She raises her eyebrows, waiting for my question.

"You went to see yo dad?" I ask already knowing she did.

"Nah." She sits up, getting offa me.

"You ain't?" I straight face her.

"Hell no." She says convincingly, but she starting to move a lil too much.

"You lying to me?" I snake my hand around her neck.

"Nooo." She pouts.

"Imma give you one mo chance Spirit." I say softly.

"You know what? I did... and?" She blinks really fast, trying to hide her tears.

"I told yo ass to stop doing that shit. The next time you visit him gone be the last time, I promise you." I let her go.

"That's still my father you ODing it." She smacks her teeth.

"You so fucking delusional, you only hurting yo damn self." I say making her get up and walk off.

Sometimes I be wanting to blow her brains out but I'd prolly kill myself soon after.

Spirit really my other half even if ion like her. She get on my fucking nerves but she my soulmate fr.

 She get on my fucking nerves but she my soulmate fr

Spirit

I kneel next to my new friend, waiting for her to wake up. She been out fa a good 3 hours, any minute now.

Her eyelids start to crinkle so I think she waking up. Her hand feels around her surroundings. She's in the guest closet cuz we ain't know where else to put her.

I tap her arm lightly making her eyes snap open. She looks at me fearfully like I bite assum.

"Girl- be calm ian finna hurt you." I put my hand up.