CHAPTER 7

Scuffle at the Flower Capital!

(Part Two)

─────

Law was seriously about to flip.

He took his eyes off Sora for one damned minute, and the woman had disappeared off to who-knows-where. Probably off to cause some of her daily dose of trouble. It was as if she was physically unable to stay out of trouble for one day.

First, Sanji had taken the enemy's bait and showed himself in front of Page One, one of the Tobi Roppo, and the both of them had engaged in combat. As if that wasn't enough, it turned out that Sanji had some of the Germa 66 science technology and had transformed into Stealth Black, a character from a popular comic in the North Blue Law had read back when he was a kid. He'd tried to stay calm, but even he couldn't fully hide his excitement and accidentally rambled on more than he liked.

"Oi, why are we leaving Sangoro behind?!" Usopp cried as Law led them away from the battle.

Law glanced back. "He told us to get a move on."

A loud crash roared some distance behind them, debris and buildings toppling down at the heart of the battle. In another part of the city, thunder boomed and grey clouds were accumulating overhead. Law momentarily wondered why only one part of the capital was covered by lightning clouds.

He clicked his tongue. Of all times for Sora to disappear..

"There'll be more of them coming. We have to stay out of the capital for a while."

Franky looked around, as if only realizing. "Say, where did Sora go?"

"I don't know," Law grunted, annoyed at himself. "With her luck, she could be getting towed back to Kaido for all we know. Let's just head to Ebisu town and lay low for the time being."

Just for one night, Law pleaded in his thoughts, don't get into trouble, Sora.

───

On another street in the Flower Capital...

Sora was in a lot of trouble.

This Raiju person was stronger than she'd expected. Manipulating lightning was just too op, and she couldn't help but gawk at how awesome they looked as they swung their naginata in each hit. 

For a samurai with a weapon who sparked with electricity every second, they moved with such elegance as if in a traditional dance.

Not to mention, Sora also had a pirate dinosaur to consider. X-Drake had joined the skirmish and wanted to get both her and the Raiju back to Kaido. Sora obviously didn't want that. And the Raiju's purpose for fighting were currently unclear to her, so in a strange turn of events, they had all engaged in a three-way battle smack in the middle of the capital.

"Woah—!" Sora vaulted to the side just as a zap of lightning hit the spot where she'd been standing. A charred mark from the impact was all that remained on the ground. Just as she was regaining her balance, the hairs on her neck prickled and she whirled around immediately, just in time to block a rapier and a four-bladed axe with her haki-infused arms. X-Drake had reverted back to his human form.

A loud clang echoed across the street, the point of contact seemingly vibrating as both she and X-Drake held out.

"Which reminds me," Sora grunted, arms shaking from the impact as she kept his weapons from cutting her, "since when did you join Kaido's crew? Thought you were a lone wolf. Or should I say, lone dinosaur?"