2-4: Will the Wise

"Will! Will!" Dustin, Max and I shouted as we walked down the hallway looking for the boy. As we turned the corner, we saw a familiar, concerned face.

"Dustin!" She shouted as she saw us. 

"Mrs. Byers?" Dustin asked in confusion. 

"What's going on? Where's Will?" She questioned us and I shook my head.

"That's what we're trying to figure out." I told Joyce. Our attention was grabbed when the door down the hallway opened and a frantic Lucas came running in. 

"The field!" He panted and we didn't hesitate to follow the boy outside towards the school field. 

"Will." Mike stood by Will, shaking him and trying to get him to wake up. Will was standing upright, his eyes rolled back. He wasn't moving an inch and he looked like he was in pain. "I just found him like this!" Mike told us. "I think he's having another episode!" We approached the kid and Joyce ran up to him. She grabbed his arms, trying to get him to snap out of it. 

"Will! Will! Will! Sweetie, wake up! It's Mom!" She looked at us for a second before looking back at Will. "Will! Will, wake up! Can you hear me?" She grabbed the sides of his face with her hands. "Will, please, just wake up." I looked around at the other kids, concern written all over my face and they did the same. Max watched in confusion and worry. "Please, wake up! It's Mom! It's me!" A second passed before the boy's eyes shot open and he gasped in air quickly. I felt my whole body relax when he woke up and I chewed on my lip. I knew this one wasn't like the other episodes he'd normally have. 

Joyce made sure he was alright before quickly escorting him back to her car. We followed, standing by the entrance doors. "Okay, that totally freaked me out." Max broke the silence, holding her skateboard to her side. "Did that not freak you guys out?" 

"Two episodes in two days." Lucas mentioned, ignoring Max's question.

"It's getting worse." Mike mumbled.

"You think it's True Sight?" Lucas asked the three of us.

"What's True Sight?" Max questioned. I felt bad that she was always left out of everything. 

"It's nothing." Lucas defended and we all stared back ahead at the Byer's car as the engine started up. It quickly reversed and drove away, and it was clear to me that Joyce just wanted to get Will home. 

~

School rolled around like usual, and so did gym class. Basketball again, obviously. And like usual, only the boys could play it since us girls couldn't take off our shirts to be on the other team. The coach blew the whistle and off they went, and I watched from the bleachers getting bored and annoyed at the fact that I couldn't join in. 

"Let's go. Pass it up now. Get open!" The coach shouted at the boys. I watched Steve and Billy, more specifically how Steve was trying to block Billy from getting the ball passed to him. His efforts remained useless, though, since Billy managed to get around Steve and grab the ball. 

Billy laughed mockingly and loudly, announcing himself to the rest of the players. "All right! All right, all right! King Steve. King Steve, everyone." Billy dribbled the ball beside him as Steve stood in front of him on defense. "I like it. Playing tough today." He grinned. 

"Jesus! Do you ever stop talking? Come on!" Steve demanded hurriedly to which Billy just chuckled at him, walking around as he dribbled the ball.

"What? You afraid the coach is gonna bench you now that I'm here? Huh?" Billy taunted before he ran directly into Steve's side, knocking him to the ground. He jumped up and shot the ball into the basket, to which it went through and the coach blew his whistle. Billy high-fived one of his teammates before turning over to a sore and tired Steve on the ground. I felt bad for the guy, since it was totally unfair how Billy was playing. Billy reached down to give Steve a hand, and he pulled him up slightly. "You were moving your feet. Plant them next time, draw a charge." He mumbled before pushing Steve back down to the ground. He stepped over him and Steve sighed, getting up on his own. I got down from the bleachers to go give him a hand.