2-8: The Mind Flayer

Note: I skipped 2-7: The Lost Sister because the entire episode was about Eleven and Kali and showed no scenes that Y/n could be apart of. 

~

After realizing the Demogorgon's were heading towards somewhere collectively, we decided we oughta follow them. "You're positive that was Dart?" Lucas asked skeptically to Dustin. The five of us walked in the dark forest in the direction we saw the monsters run off to and were listening out for their screeching from time to time. 

"Yes. He had the same exact yellow pattern on his butt." Dustin reminded us. 

"You were looking at his butt?" I joked, punching the side of Dustin's arm lightly. He wasn't in a joking mood and gave me a glare, holding his arm where I hit him.

"He was tiny two days ago." Max argued.

"Well, he's molted three times already." Dustin said in a monotone voice.

"Malted?" Steve asked, mishearing and misunderstanding Dustin.

"Molted." Dustin repeated himself, getting annoyed at Steve a bit. "Shed his skin to make room for growth like hornworms." 

"When's he gonna molt again?" Max questioned.

"It's gotta be soon. When he does, he'll be fully grown, or close to it. And so will his friends." Dustin explained, and we walked along the train tracks so we could have a path to rely on instead of getting lost. Dustin, Steve and I walked in front of Max and Lucas as we held flashlights to lead the way. 

"Yeah, and he's gonna eat a lot more than just cats." Steve sighed, causing Dustin to stop walking in realization that he just spilled his secret.

"Wait, cat?" Lucas asked, stopping and turning to Dustin. I stopped walking, looking behind myself to see the two of them. "Dart ate a cat?" 

"No, what? No." Dustin shook his head, his mouth hanging open.

"What are you talking about? He ate Mews." Steve admitted nonchalantly. I gave him a look telling him to shut up and he shrugged, not realizing it was a big deal. 

"Mews? Who's Mews?" Max asked, turning to Steve. 

"It's Dustin's cat." Steve mumbled.

"Steve!" Dustin shouted at him.

"I knew it!" Lucas shoved Dustin's shoulder. "You kept him!" 

"No!" Dustin yelled back at Lucas as he lied to him. Lucas gave him a look of disbelief. "No. No, I... No, I..." Dustin swallowed before giving up. "He missed me. He wanted to come home." 

"Bullshit!" Lucas called his bluff.

"I didn't know he was a Demogorgon, okay?" 

"Oh, so now you admit it?" Lucas argued back with Dustin.

"Guys, who cares? We have to go." Max said, trying to break them up.

"I care! You put the party in jeopardy! You broke the rule of law!" Lucas ignored Max, continuing to yell with Dustin. 

"So did you!" Dustin somehow shouted even louder. I took a quick breath, glancing in Max's direction.

"What?" Lucas scoffed. Dustin shined the flashlight in Max's face, causing her to flinch back and shut her eyes. 

"You told a stranger the truth!" 

Max scoffed as Dustin pulled the flashlight away from her face. "A stranger?" She asked, offended. 

"You wanted to tell her, too!" Lucas argued. 

"But I didn't, Lucas, okay?" Dustin responded. I put a hand on Max's shoulder, trying to make her feel better. The boys continued shouting at one another when Steve and I heard a loud screech far in the distance. "I didn't tell her! We both broke the rule of law, okay? So we're even. We're even."