2-5: Dig Dug

I had only been to Dustin's house a couple of times before since Mike's was usually the place to hang out for the party. So when I heard my walkie talkie frantically going off with the sound of Dustin's voice, I knew it wasn't good. He told me to get to his house immediately and that he'd explain everything once I got there. So now I was at the Henderson's house.

"It ate my cat." Dustin told me the second I walked in through the door.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Wait. What ate your cat?" I asked, looking around the house. Dustin hesitated before he mumbled, looking away from me.

"Dart." 

"Dart? How did he eat your cat?" I noticed on the floor was some laid out pieces of bologna. "Wait a second, you kept Dart?"

"We had a connection!" He defended himself and I shook my head. "Turns out he's actually a baby Demogorgon." 

"Seriously, Dustin? That's super irresponsible of you! What if Dart hurt you? You could've at least told me, you know I would've kept it a secret for a little while unless something happened." 

"I'm sorry. I didn't think he would eat my cat!" Dustin apologized and I sighed. "He's in my room now. I need to get him into my basement before my mom gets home." 

"Alright, so what's the plan?" I asked.

"I already set up the trail. As soon as I open the door, we start running outside and to the shed. Dart will follow the trail, and when he's close to the basement, you slap him inside with a hockey stick." He explained. I looked over towards the couch to see a hockey stick laying on top of it. I glanced back over at Dustin.

"Seems easy enough." I shrugged and the two of us continued setting up the trap for Dart. Dustin began putting on what he liked to call "armor" so Dart wouldn't hurt him. He gave me some knee pads and an old life vest for my protection, which I appreciated. Needless to say, Dustin was covered head to toe in protection, but I'd rather get eaten than watch him get hurt. The two of us looked around to make sure we weren't missing anything. I held the hockey stick by my side. The two of us headed over to Dustin's room, and Dustin called out to him.

"All right, Dart. Breakfast time." Thankfully his door slid open so it was a bit easier to get Dart out of the room. Dustin opened it quickly and began hopping down the hallway, his armor making him too stiff to run. He began letting out a series of "oh, my God"s and "shit"s and didn't stop the whole way to the shed. I ran behind him protectively but also trying to be quick so Dart wouldn't catch up to us. We followed the meat trail all the way outside and to the back of Dustin's house where a green shed stood. We ran inside and shut the door behind us, and only then did Dustin's cries stop. 

We began peeking through the cracks of the shed where the wood was separated. "Come on. Come on, I know you're hungry." Dustin whispered to himself before gasping lightly as Dart rounded the corner and appeared by the front door.

"Yes. Yes, yes, yes." I joined him as the two of us watched the creature. It was clearly a small Demogorgon now, and the monster began eating up the bologna slices one by one. It walked on all fours and had a tail, and it was a bit scary to see one now after trying to forget all about the Upside Down the last ten or so months. 

"Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes." Dustin whispered and began panting a bit in nervousness. Dart came up closer to the shed, swallowing the slices without chewing. Dustin let out more "yes"s, and I quickly smacked his arm to get him to be quiet. Dart stepped up to the basement doors, peering in before it stopped in it's place. It turned, staring directly at Dustin and I. "Shit!" Dustin quickly let out in a hushed tone as he took a few steps back from the boards, and I did the same.