━ season one: boat ride jealousy

Jennette with her maid Betty waited in the carriage as Jennette keeps looking out the window.

"Princess, Is there anything bothering you?" Jennette turned her head to meet her gaze and smile.

"Ah no! I'm just excited to meet Athanasia!–" '–to get the position that was rightly mine..' Some were left unsaid to Jennette's words that weren't heard by her maid with her smiling. Clenching her fist secretly, Jennette turned to the window again with her face covered by her bangs.

Arriving at the Emerald Palace, Jennette's eyes widened at the sight. It was completely different from the Ruby Palace. Sure, The Ruby Palace has silver gems, etc but the Emerald Palace looked like it was made of gold and diamonds as if the structure is already shouting its worth.

Such humiliation Jennette could feel when she found the difference between her sister and her. She silently clicked her tongue to not make her maid find out her true colors. The fact that almost every place around it is beautiful.

Looking around, she saw a maid exiting the Emerald Palace. Jennette looked at Betty and Betty nodded.

Betty stopped in front of the maid, asking for Athanasia's whereabouts. The maid looked hesitant before telling her.

Betty nodded as went to Jennette with her face in joy. "The Princess is in her office, your highness."

Jennette nodded and walked away with her following.

Jennette arrived at Athanasia's office and hesitantly knocked. Simple formalities were all it was. But why should she knock for formalities if she was older than her and have more power than her? She was a daughter of a marquis's daughter of Judith! Not some baroness!– Cutting off her thoughts, Jennette finally heard the voice.

"Come in."

She opened the door and there, she saw her younger sister Athanasia working on paperwork. Jennette formed a smile as she mustered up all of the sweetness she could muster in her voice.

"Athanasia, what are you doing?" Putting a confused and sweet sister facade, Jennette asked and Athanasia smiled.

'She must've been so glad that I came to visit her! Since she can't.' Her eyes being covered by her bangs shadow, Jennette slightly clench her fist before she continued her smile.

Athanasia gave her a faint smile before stamping the last paperwork. "Oh, It's nothing! I've been busy these days that I completely forgot to visit you, sister... So I'm sorry.."

'So you completely forgot to visit me? Your sister?' Jennette furrowed her eyebrows slightly, not even believing her one bit.

Jennette smiled at her as she assured her. "Oh don't worry, Athanasia! I just wanted to bond with you like how sisters did today!"

Athanasia smiled back as she stood up. "Sure, just let me–"

Before she could finish, Jennette grabbed her hand. "Ah– Wait—"

***

"How thoughtful of you, Athanasia!" Jennette praised as she sat comfortably on the seat of the boat.

Athanasia blushed lightly at the sudden compliment as she weakly smiled at her, "Thank you, sister. I always wanted to go on a boat trip with a (sister) back when I was younger."

Jennette slightly rolled her eyes, not interested in what was Athanasia saying after all of her compliments is fake. She doesn't particularly care if they bond or something. She was just using her to have her favor and soon have their father's favor to be the crown princess.

Jennette fake smiled at her and look at around. "Hey, sister?"

"Mhm?" Athanasia turned her head when she saw Jennette seating next to her.

Jennette's eyes being hidden by the shadows, Athanasia nervously looks at her.

"Do you know... lotus is really beautiful, don't you think so?" Her eyes are still being covered.

Athanasia gave her a delighted smile as she twirl her umbrella, "Yes, indeed."

Jennette look at the entrance of the lake as if she were waiting for someone

Jennette took a blind eye as she missed the unreadable gaze that came from Athanasia.

Athanasia followed her gaze and saw people entering.

Athanasia recognizes them. It was Ijekiel Alpheus and Jennette's maid.

When Ijekiel turned around to meet Jennette's gaze, Jennette started to shake the boat with force making it shake.

"Kya!" Jennette screamed as she stood up.

"Sister, please calm down." Athanasia worriedly held Jennette's hand.

"Let go of me!" Jennette harshly threw Athanasia's hand from her as she didn't notice that she pushed Athanasia into the lake.

Splash!

"Princess!" Ijekiel who saw this yelled.

Jennette stopped shaking the boat.

'Huh?' Jennette was confused about what was happening.

'Huh... This... This wasn't to happen!' Jennette contemplated as she motionlessly stood in fear.

Before Ijekiel could arrive on time, someone did it first.

...

Claude gasps as he holds on to Athanasia tight. "It's a good thing that Athanasia didn't forget the bracelet."

Athanasia's body was finally on land, and Claude immediately used his power to save Athanasia's body.

Cough! Cough!

Athanasia coughed water as she felt her neck burning. Her vision wasn't in better shape but before her consciousness disappear, she heard her father's cold voice.

"Jennette Margarita. What were you doing?"

Claude coldly glared as Jennette flinched.

━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━

season one: boat ride jealousy
chapter four: completed!