━ season one: invitations and preparations

"Princess, who do you want to invite to your tea party?" Helen asked Athanasia as Athanasia look at her.

"Hm. I plan to invite Lady Leilin but is it okay though?"

"Since it's your first tea party, Lady Leilin might be interested upon meeting you princess!"

"Anna is right, princess. You rarely host or go to public meetings so lady Leilin must be interested in meeting you princess."

"Ah! Princess, Why don't you invite—"

"Yes! and Lady—"

"Hmm Lady— is a great choice too!"

As the three ladies talk, the blonde princess was in deep thought.

'I should invite Jennette. If I don't and Countess Rosalia finds out about it... She might create some rumours that I didn't invite Jennette because I don't like her.'

Athanasia cuts her thoughts as she asks for a pen and paper.

As she was finally done writing, Athanasia ordered someone to send this to the people she invited.

"Hagh-..." Athanasia let out an exhausted sigh. Writing invitation letters with the same contents is tiring, Athanasia always writes in the past but she couldn't help but to be tired. She could only wish that there's a (copy) and (paste) in the world.

***

Because of Athanasia rarely going out and never having to host tea parties, it was natural that her hosting a tea party would become a topic in every social circle.

The young noble ladies that were blessed to be invited to the Princess's tea party were excited and thrilled to meet the princess. Except for some. You can only say they're amused?

Nevertheless, the other young noble ladies that were unfortunate were not invited to the Princess's tea party, they could only wait for another chance.

As for Jennette who was under probation, Jennette could only stare at the letter as she reads it again.

"Isn't this strange, Betty? Why would she suddenly host a tea party? I guess she would've since it was already a few days since the debutante."

"Princess, I think the main reason for her to host a tea party is to have more allies and connections to other people.

Just like I said to you last night, the social circle is powerful and influential. Having many powerful and influential allies would have an influence on people around you.

You would also be famous and powerful as nobles wouldn't dare to lay a hand or dare to defy you. Because with powerful allies, you would have a larger hand than your enemy, princess." Betty explained as Jennette listened carefully, every little detail memorized.

"That's why princess. You need to make a much better and more beautiful impression than that lowly sister of yours, okay?"

Jennette nodded in understanding. She just needs to make a good impression and stand out even more than her half sister.

How hard can that be?

***

"Princess, It seems that all noble ladies that you invited accepted! Lady Leilin also accepted your invitation!"

"Really? How wonderful!" Athanasia smiled brightly at the news.

The tea party was coming in near so the Emerald Palace was quite busy preparing. Anna, Hannah, Ces and Lilian helped assisting the decorations, treats and helped discussing where the tea party would be located.

Athanasia on the other hand finally met Julia Conrad whom she was intrigued to meet.

"It's nice to finally meet you, Princess Athanasia. I am Julia from Count Conrad's family." her new tutor curtsied and greeted Athanasia politely.

Julia Conrad, she has cotton pink hair tied in a bun and baby blue colored eyes.

'She looks like Yerenica for some reason but more adult,' Athanasia thought questionably.

While Athanasia was busy greeting after her new teacher, Jennette on the other hand was planning a new way to make herself have more allies in the tea party than Athanasia.

"Betty, what should I wear at the tea party? These dresses I brought are too bland and plain, it's painful to see that the princess of the empire wears these such things!" Jennette rambled in frustration.

Betty could only sigh but just as she was about to speak, something caught her attention.

It seems that Jennette also saw the same thing as she stood up.

They went out and caught someone carrying a mannequin with a gown that was covered. Betty called the servant and the girl stopped.

"May I ask whose gown is that?" Jennette smiled at the girl.

"It's princess Athanasia's, Ma'am."

Jennette couldn't believe it. How could this mere girl call her Ma'am? This made her facade almost break but she kept it.

"but I already saw someone coming to her palace with another set of mannequins and a gown! Did the princess order for more?!" Betty lied, acting surprised and shocked.

Betty thought if she lied, the girl would be offended and think Athanasia was wasting money and abusing her power.

"Oh? That must've been her everyday dresses. These will be her dresses at the upcoming tea parties, ordered by the Head Maid of the Emerald Palace herself."

"Huh?"

Jennette was now beyond confused. They have time buying Athanasia dresses but they didn't think of buying hers?!

The girl seem to notice her confusion state upon the conversation and replied, "Princess Athanasia's dresses are custom fit for her, by the Emperor's order himself. The seamstresses are the ones going to the palace instead of the princess are also one of the Emperor's orders."

"..."

"So her dresses are for her... only!?"

The girl nods and excuses herself, leaving Betty and Jennette all alone.

"..."

"Betty, what should we do now?!"

━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━

season one: invitations and preparations
chapter seven: completed!