━ season one: probation

"Care to tell me what were you doing to Athanasia?"

Claude glared at Jennette.

When he got an alert from Athanasia's bracelet and found out she was with her(Jennette), he immediately rushed to arrive at where was Athanasia. Instead of being greeted at first sight by his daughter with her usual smile, he was greeted by his beloved daughter being pushed into the lake.

His instincts immediately came in as he saved her. His blood was boiling as if some volcano corruption was going to start but he calmed himself as he used his magic to save her.

Jennette nervously looked away from Claude's gaze. They were currently in the Emperor's Office, to talk about what happened in the lake few minutes ago.

'How can I be so careless?! I should've looked around before I pushed her!' Gritting her teeth, Jennette nervously answered a lie.

"I– I was shaking the b-boat because th–there's a spider!" Jennette lied as Claude's glare hardened.

"A spider? Do you think you can fool me?" He hardened his gaze.

Jennette flinched as she let out a tiny gasp, "I-I– No, your majesty! I swear with my life!"

Claude tch'ed as he looks at her. "Did Duke Alpheus teach you manners and such? Shaking a boat because there's a spider? Goodness..." Claude glared.

Jennette looked at him with tears started to fall from her jewel eyes.

Claude look at her, his hands on his forehead. "From now on, you're on probation and in restrictions."

"Huh?!— Your Majesty!– You can't do this!" Jennette cried out in desperation and frustration.

"How can you do this to me?!" Jennette continued to cry as Claude look at her blankly.

"Because I can." Coldly, Claude replied.

"Leave . Our discussion is now over."

"..." Jennette was silenced as she bowed and left.

Claude put his hand on his head as he felt a headache...

"That wench..." He glared at the door.

***

Jennette walked back to her palace which was the Ruby Palace and went to her room. Slamming the door, Jennette was frustrated. Not only her plan didn't worked, she was on probation! Restricted to do many things or go to some places, how can she get more allies?!

...

When suddenly...

Jennette got an idea.

What if she manipulate Athanasia for the sake of her plan?

And maybe sacrifice some people...

...

Jennette smirked wickedly. Yes she isn't as smart as Athanasia but... She was almost as par as Ijekiel back then...

She studied multiple books about manipulation and lies, politics and war in the past... Though... nobody knows that... and will never know that... except for that one person...

Jennette went to her bookshelf that was in the corner of the room, and pulled out a certain book.

"The Art Of Deception"

'I knew it! Good thing I brought this with me!' Jennette cheered.

She saw this book in the Alpheus Manor at the very back of the library. Everything at that side of that library was old and was unused for decades! So Jennette was lucky to find that side in the Alpheus's.

Jennette took a seat near the bookshelf and read it.

Minutes turned to hours, Jennette reading marathon took a stop as a knock came to her ears.

"Who is it?" Jennette grumbled.

"This is Betty, princess. May I come in?"

Jennette eyes lit up. "You may, Betty!"

Ofcourse! She have Betty on her side! She can use her! After all, Betty knows how much her father loves her mother! Maybe she can use that so Athanasia will know that their father loves her mother more!

Betty entered the room, her red eyes glowed. It was already midnight and the moon's bright light entered the window's room.

Betty White, a woman that was very dedicated to Penelope Judith. Penelope Judith is the one Betty only follows and obey, and the only reason that Betty obeys Jennette was because of Penelope.

 Penelope Judith is the one Betty only follows and obey, and the only reason that Betty obeys Jennette was because of Penelope

Penelope was a manipulative woman... And Betty was so down for her that she can kill for her...

She knew all of Penelope's schemes and know how bad she can be... And she love that.

...

"Princess..." Betty started.

"Hm?" Closing the book, Betty glances at the title for a brief moment and smirked.

"I may not or may have an idea to take down your sister, princess...~" Betty spoke eerily.

━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━

Hello everyone. Thank you for reading this book and for the support. I apologize for the late update of the story, I was supposed to upload this chapter 8/25/22 but surprise surprise things doesn't come to my way and I suddenly got busy and busy and forgot to update. Then next thing I thought was to update 10/5/22 but I got busy again since I think my classes was already starting at that time and I had someone interested with(I got over with him now... I think?) Anyways so next thing I knew I never got to update this until today. I'm very sorry for that.

season one: probation
chapter five: completed!