Being Royalty Is Hard

Fun Fact: This was written for 3 months. So my style of writing is different. Yeah kinda explains it.

So this is kind of a Royal AU. The ninjas are only ordinary citizens.

Everyone thought being a princess is fun but in reality it isn't and that's what Harumi is feeling. Ninjago's princess and only heir to the throne. She's happy to be a princess and has loving parents but its not really fun as it seems.

Her parents are mostly busy in the problems of their kingdom. Mostly having meetings with other high class people. Sometimes her parents wants Harumi to join and she agrees but she knows to herself she doesn't want to. "Put the caring and diligent princess act" She always says to herself.

One night, The Emperor and Empress hosted a formal party at the palace. It's an annual gala for all the high class people meeting up and of course the princess is here. In all honesty she doesn't want to be involved in this kind of stuff, but her parents insisted because she is going to be Ninjago's new ruler so she needs to know how to talk and greet properly.

There she was, standing alone in the middle of the party. She doesn't have anyone to talk with. Mostly the people around her age aren't really fond of talking to. She tried last time and the conversation is all about the achievements, how will they rule their kingdoms and their happily ever after.

One of the things Harumi doesn't consider, love. She has a lot of suitors, countless if you can say and she rejected them all. She believes she can't find the man that will love her genuinely and not only for position and power.

Harumi went outside to the garden because the tension inside her is too much. She always needs to put up a smile every time she talks. Always needed to fake actions.

While walking around the garden shears hearing sounds from the bushes and twigs cracking. She knows something or someone is around. "Who's there? Show yourself" Harumi maybe a princess but she's trained to know self-defense.

Walking from the shadows, a blond and sweet boy is revealed. He only wears a normal civilian outfit. The princess thinks that he's stealing "Are you a thief?" The boy trembled in fear, he bowed to the princess "My apologies your highness, I was only finding food. I haven't eaten in days" Harumi looked at the boy shocked. "Are you homeless?" She asked. The blond looked at her. "Yes your highness" Harumi was shocked.

Her parents told her that Ninjago doesn't have homeless people. She was confident that everyone has a normal and happy life. "Stay here, I'm going to get something" She left the boy and returned with food. The plate has, peas, chicken and fruits. "Here eat up" The boy's eyes widened "Your highness. I can't take it" The boy was about to walk away but the princess managed to get his hand. "Please, I insist." The blond nodded and held the plate that the princess gave.

They sat on the garden bench so the blond can eat properly "What's your name?" Harumi asked. The blond looked at her "Lloyd, Lloyd Garmadon" Lloyd starts munching the food that the princess gave. "I think you know what's my name, but I'll still present myself. I'm-" The blond cuts her off "No need princess." Harumi smiled.

The two had a conversation for the whole entire night. After Lloyd finished eating they still continued the conversation. Harumi looked at the time "Oh my. I didn't realize we have been talking for hours" Lloyd looked at her "Time passes by when your having fun, prin-" Harumi cuts him off "Please, call me Rumi" Lloyd nodded and smiled.

And in that night where they're story began.

Harumi and Lloyd started to hang out more often. Harumi would sneak out the palace to meet him outside or go to the garden, where they first met. Harumi felt alive and happy. She feels comfortable and safe around him, it's like she knows him for years even if they only know each other for weeks. Days turn to weeks and weeks turn to months