stitches

i was already working on this idea, and then i heard that Kit supposedly fell off a scooter in LA and got pretty banged up! that was a little while ago now, but let's still send him our good thoughts to heal up quick!

just a quick cw that this chapter will be talking about hospitals/stitches/injuries, so if that stuff grosses you out, feel free to skip this chapter! but if not, enjoy!

I missed Nick at school so much today. During yesterday's rugby match, he took a pretty nasty fall. With the worst luck ever, he managed to land his leg on a really sharp pebble that was on the field, causing him to need a few stitches in his leg. He was feeling really sore from the fall as well, so he stayed home from school today. Luckily though, I don't have much homework, so I'm headed over to hang out with him now that school is out.

I approach the Nelsons' home and ring the doorbell, and I can hear Nellie run up to the door and give a short "woof". After a few moments, Sarah opens the door.

"Hi Charlie! So good to see you! Come on in," she says, nudging Nellie behind her so she doesn't run out the door. "How was school?"

"It was alright," I say, even though it was incredibly boring without Nick, "the usual. How's Nick?"

"He's doing okay," she says with a nod, "mostly just real sore. Tired too, we didn't get back from the hospital until quite late. You know how it goes there," she smiles. "He said the worst part is changing the bandages and cleaning up, apparently the stuff really stings." She leans in to whisper to me with a smile, "don't tell him I told you this, but he had to ask his mummy to do it for him earlier," she teases him. She leans over to shout up the stairs, "Nicky, Charlie's here!"

"Be right down!" I hear him shout back, sounding quite unlike himself.

"No, it's okay!" I say loudly, beginning to climb the stairs. "I'll come to you."

"No, Charlie, just hang on," I hear him say frantically through his closed bedroom door, being his adorable, stubborn self.

"Nick, you're hurt! Stay there," I say as I open the door, only to find Nick sitting on the edge of his bed with a bright red face, in only a tee shirt and boxers.

"Hi..." he says sheepishly.

"Hi," I say, awkwardly walking in and closing the door behind me.

"I was just about to... uh... put some pants on..." he chuckles nervously, "it just honestly hurts to move, so I'm a little slow."

"Don't worry about it," I say, trying not to make it obvious that I am most definitely staring at his muscular legs. It hurts my heart to see the giant bandage on his thigh, but I literally cannot look away. "Boxers are essentially just shorts anyway," I smile, feeling my cheeks warm as I approach him.

"I guess you're right," he smiles, carefully trying to lay back down and wincing. I had previously been too focused on his... outfit choice... to notice the scrape under his eye and the bruise forming around it.

"Nick," I frown, "d'you need some help?"

"I think I'm alright," he tries to smile with furrowed brows. I stand awkwardly as I watch him finally settle into a position that looks somewhat comfortable. He gingerly lifts the covers and pats the spot next to him. "Come lay with me," he smiles. "Just be careful, I'm fragile," he jokes as I climb into the bed to lay down next to him.

"Never in my life did I think you'd be the fragile one in this relationship," I tease him, very carefully resting my hand on his chest as I lay down beside him.

"You're not fragile, Char. Just... gentle!"

"You're cute," I say.

"You're cuter," he smirks.