Spider-Man vs. The Avengers

Peter woke up and groaned. He figured he must not have been out that long because his enhanced healing hadn't finished healing his head. He sat up and looked around. He was in what looked like the medbay in the Avengers Tower but that was impossible because Tony had sold the tower before he'd died. He noticed he was in one of the beds and not restrained at all. He frowned in confusion. Why hadn't Rhodey and the fake Tony tied him up? That wasn't typical villain behavior.

"Hello?" He called out warily.

"Yes, Peter?" A voice asked.

Peter jumped and looked around. The voice had sounded almost like Friday. 

"Who said that?" He asked.

"Friday." The same voice replied.

'They're really going all out with this illusion thing aren't they?' He thought.

Just then, the medbay doors opened and Bruce stepped inside. Peter quickly felt his face making sure his mask was still there and sighed in relief when it was. 

"Peter! You're awake! That's good. How are you feeling?" He asked.

Peter warily stared at him.

"How do you know my name?" He demanded. "No one is supposed to know."

"Er-what do you mean?" Bruce sounded confused.

"How. do. you. know. my. name?" Peter asked slowly.

"All the avengers know your name, Peter. How hard did Rhodey hit you?" He looked at Peter strangely.

Peter narrowed his eyes. "You're working with them?"

"Who?" Bruce asked.

"Rhodey and the Tony illusion?" He said, tensing.

"We're all team mates, yes. Wait what do you mean, the Tony illusion?" Bruce asked.

Peter jumped out of the bed and webbed Bruce up.

"Where are they?" He hissed.

"Peter, what's going on with you?" Bruce shouted. "Friday-"

Peter webbed his mouth and walked out of the med bay. When he stepped into the hall, the illusion didn't fade so he inched his way forward and relied on his spidey sense to warn him if he was about to run into something. Clint came running into the hall and Peter prepared to web him up but Clint didn't stop. He just gave Peter a weird look and kept running. Nat ran in next. Peter groaned. How far were they going to take this illusion thing? He sighed. 

"Peter? You okay?" Nat's voice cut into his thoughts.

He looked at her and laughed humourlessly. 

"Are you seriously asking me if I'm okay?" He said in disbelief. "You guys have got to be some of the worst kidnappers in history."

"Peter?" The fake Nat sounded concerned. "You aren't kidnapped. You practically live here." 

"Still keeping up the act I see." He replied. "How long do you think you can keep this illusion up?"

"What act? What illusions? Peter, what happened to you? All of this is real and no one's acting." She said softly.

"I'm tired of listening to your guy's crap. I gave you guys a chance to be caught sooner rather than later but instead you chose to make me angry enough to deal with you right now. So don't get mad at me when you're sitting in a cell in a couple of hours." He said angrily.

He webbed her foot to the floor as she stared at him in shock. Then she snapped out of it and grabbed one of her knives to slice through the webbing. She dodged as Peter shot another web at her and threw a punch aimed at his side. He ducked and jumped up to the ceiling. She shot her widow bites at him but he kept dodging them. 

"Friday, get Stark down here!" She yelled still shooting widow bites at Peter. "And tell him to bring backup!"

The fake Nat ran out of widow bites and Peter lunged toward her. She leaned toward the side and pushed him. He rolled back up onto his feet and threw a punch at her. The fake Nat grabbed his arm and threw him into the wall. As Peter jumped up, the fake Tony ran in with Rhodey, Clint, Thor, a fake Steve, and Pepper. They looked at the scene in front of them in shock.

"What in the world?" Clint breathed.

"Peter?" Pepper asked.

Peter looked at her.

"Why are you helping them?" He asked quietly. "Why aren't you with Morgan? And why do all of you know my identity?" 

"Uh-" Pepper looked at the fake Tony for help. He shrugged as if to say sorry.

Pepper looked back at Peter, who was staring at her. She couldn't see his expression behind the mask but it was one of hope. He was really hoping that somehow this was a mistake, that Pepper had been kidnapped too or something. But he knew it wasn't when she hesitated. His heart sank as he looked around. His odds of escaping were low. Even if it was an illusion, they still had fighting skills and an iron man suit and Rhodey and Clint and Thor. 

"Peter?" Pepper cautiously stepped toward him. 

He tensed and she stopped moving.

"We just want to help." She said carefully.

Peter stared at her for a moment before laughing. A real, genuine laugh. Everyone stared at him, confused.

"I've got to hand it to you, Norman, this is the most interesting attempt you've ever done to take me down." He called out, startling the avengers.

The fake Tony made a move and his eyes darted to him. 

"What are you doing?" He asked suspiciously.

"Nothing." The fake Tony lied.

"Then why'd you move?" He asked.

"I was tired of standing in the same spot." The fake Tony said.

"you're a shitty liar. The real Tony was a much better liar than that." He scoffed.

"Language." Steve said.

Peter blinked at him. "Excuse me?"

"You shouldn't be swearing." Steve said blatantly. "You're only 15 and too much of a cinnamon roll. You never curse."

As Peter stared at him, trying to process what he said, Tony had grabbed a sedative and was moving slowly towards Peter. He motioned for the others to surround Peter. Peter's spidey sense started tingling like crazy and he saw the fake Tony with a sedative. He scrambled backwards and shot several webs at him but he was grabbed by several people. He struggled in their grip but there were too many people holding him for him to be able to shake them off. He felt a prick of pain in his neck and he collapsed. He fought to stay conscious but he couldn't do much more than that. He felt them carry him through the halls. He must have blacked out for a little bit because when he woke up, he was in an interrogation room with no way out.