Leaving

Future Peters POV

Peter woke up in the med bay for the second time and he felt a wave of deja vu wash over him. It had felt like it had been a long time since he had been brought to the past but it had only been a little less than a week. He sat up and remembered the Green Goblin.

'What happened?' He thought, jumping out of bed.

The med bay door opened and Tony and Bruce walked in.

"Hey, Peter." Tony smiled at him. "Glad to see you're okay."

"How are you feeling?" Bruce asked. "You inhaled a lot of smoke."

"I'm fine." He said. "What happened?"

They looked at each other then looked back at him.

"Well, let's just say you don't have to deal with the Green Goblin anymore." Bruce watched his face for his reaction.

"Why?" He asked suspiciously.

"He died in the fire." Tony said bluntly.

"Tony!" Bruce snapped.

"What?" He asked innocently.

"We were supposed to be easing him into the news! That was a terrible way to break it to him!" Bruce threw his hands up.

"You were taking too long! I have things to do and I wanted to give Peter his presents from me before I had to go!" Tony argued.

"Hey! Stop fighting. Please." Peter asked.

They instantly quieted down.

"It's fine. He's dead and nothing is going to change that." He sighed.

They both looked surprised.

"Well you are definitely not the same as you are in the past. Past you would blame himself for everyone's death even though they weren't his fault." Tony stated.

Future Peter shrugged.

"Here. I got you another necklace with voice recordings and another scholarship to MIT since both of those were destroyed in the fire." Tony handed him a wrapped box.

"Why'd you wrap it?" Peter asked.

"We had extra wrapping paper lying around so I decided why not?" Tony shrugged.

"Thank you." Peter put the box to the side and hugged him.

Tony stiffened then hugged him back.

"You're welcome. I-uh- I hope you enjoy the future a little more now." Tony sounded like he was getting choked up.

"I will." Peter said. "Are you crying?"

"No. I just got some dust in my eyes." Tony lied.

"Well, I guess now I know where I get my horrible lying skills from." Peter laughed as he pulled away.

He had tears starting to come down his face as he looked at Tony. "I'll miss you, Tony."

"I'll miss you too kid." Tony smiled at him.

"Tony, you're going to be late for your meeting." Bruce warned.

"I can be late." He dismissed.

"Peter's about to leave anyway so get going." Bruce kicked him out of the room.

He turned to Peter and gave him a pat on the shoulder.

"Ready to go home?" Bruce asked.

Peter nodded. They walked out of the medbay and to the living room where everyone was waiting. As soon as they saw him, they all rushed to give him hugs.

"It was nice to meet you, Peter." Carol said.

The guardians nodded at her statement.

"I know it's not the same in the future but you're always welcome to visit." Pepper told him.

"I had fun! I'm really glad I met you. Well, me but from the future." Past Peter hugged him.

"I had fun too." He told him, hugging him back.

Lastly, Aunt May came up and hugged him after everyone had had their turn.

"Will you be okay?" She asked.

"Yea. I think I will be." He smiled at her.

"I larb you." She told him.

He laughed slightly and smiled. "I larb you too."

"Ready to go?" Dr. Strange asked.

He nodded and everyone backed away and waved at him.

"Bye, Peter!" They all shouted.

He waved back at them and then he disappeared, going back tot he future.

Tony's POV

Tony watched from the balcony above the living room as Peter said goodbye to everyone. He smiled sadly. It had been nice to get to know the future version of Peter. He knew he wouldn't remember him but this little adventure had been one of the best moments of his life. He watched Peter disappear and he swallowed back his tears. He wouldn't remember this in a second and he knew he would probably be very confused as to why he was crying.

He saw Pepper glance up at him and she smiled reassuringly. He looked over at Dr. Strange and saw him doing magic. He wasn't really sure what was going on there so he focused on Past Peter. He thought of the Future Peter one last time and then he forgot.

He shook his head, confused. He had a meeting to attend, what was he doing here? Pepper glanced up and glared at him.

"Get to your meeting, Tony!" She yelled.

"Going!" He yelled.

He noticed people he didn't know in the living room as well but he shook it off. Strange things happened all the time at the Avengers Tower. He whistled as he continued walking to the meeting. Then he tripped over something. He looked down, annoyed, and saw a spider emblem.

"What in the world?" He muttered.

He picked it up and examined it. It looked extremely advanced and for some reason, it reminded him of Peter. He put it in his pocket and shrugged. Who knew? Maybe he might just keep it and give it to Peter when he was ready. He smiled and continued on to his meeting.

A/N: One more chapter and then it will be finished! Enjoy this chapter and I'll update the last one soon!