NINE

NINE

"LIS!"

Zahra screamed at the top of her lungs in horror as her best best friends car hurtled towards a wall at 180mph before it came to a very abrupt halt the second it collided with the wall.

The car practically crumbled, and Zahra was horrified, knowing that her best friend was in that wreck of what was once a car.

For the third time since they had become friends, Zahra took off running, in heels, heading for the crash site. Zahra Bailey did not give a fuck if she was running on the track, Larissa was her best friend, her lifeline.

Most of the drivers had finished and were only being told of the crash now, which for some was absolutely horrifying to hear.

Their niece had crashed.

Their sister had crashed.

"Zahra! Grab on!" Sebastian Vettel yelled, having driven round the track to try and find the accident, seeing the best friend of his niece running on the track desperately. Zahra did just that, grabbing on to the halo of his car as he began taxiing her to her best friend.

The pair arrived at the crash, closely followed by Lewis and Kimi and Larissa's uncle's couldn't help but see flashbacks of their best friends accident eleven years previous, it was almost too similar.

"LIS!" Zahra screamed desperately for her best friend once again, seeing multiple drivers that she had overtaken throughout the race had pulled up and given up their race and positions to try and help her.

"Larissa!" Carlos Sainz Jr frantically tried to reach her, it was all his fault. He's killed her. "Larissa! Please! Can you hear me?!"

Her car was leaking fuel and it was only a matter of time before it went up in flames just like her father's.

Marshals had fire extinguishers at the ready, with sirens of an ambulance arriving on the scene. They had set up a barrier so no more people could get to the accident, just in case of the car exploding.

Larissa was unconscious, and since her car had hit the barrier from the side, the car had partially snapped in half, the back half crumbling up to roughly half the size that it should have been, whilst the front was almost completely gone, the only part that was untouched, was the halo. Her helmet had recieved a very large dent in the side as well as the back signalling that maybe she could have a severe head injury.

Charles, Pierre, Fernando and Esteban were the other drivers to have stopped as soon as they saw her car wreck, and whilst Carlos was frantic in trying to get her out because he blamed himself, they were trying to ensure that the car wouldn't go up in flames at the same time of trying to find a way to get her out without providing further injury.

All they could do was to try and pull her out from the small gap provided by the halo and to just hope that they weren't causing further damage to her by doing so. Zahra, Kimi, Sebastian and Lewis were being held back, with the four of them having tears flowing down their cheeks in fear.

Kimi didn't even care if he had come third, he didn't even care if he had a podium. All he cared about in that moment was the welfare for his niece who was completely unmoving, even as the Monégasque driver had managed to climb on top of the wrecked car to check her pulse.

She was alive.

Paramedics and Marshals helped to remove her from the wrecked vehicle, laying the unconscious girl on a backboard as they carried her towards the ambulance, closely followed by the nine people who had rushed to help her.