Chapter One

(This chapter escalated quickly)

You yawned as you walked into Ms. Buster's classroom.

"Y/n, late again. What's your excuse this time?" Chloe Bourgeois snapped.

Chloe was the person you hated second most in this world. The first, obviously being . . .

Lila smiled. "Don't worry, she probably just missed the bus. No need to be so harsh, Chloe."

Ms. Bustier smiled. "Lila, you are such a kind student."

You rolled your eyes at Lila. "Sorry, my bus left without me and I had to walk."

You had hated Lila ever since you were in a bathroom stall, minding your business and you heard her threatening Marinette. Marinette was the kindest person ever, and Lila made her out to be the bad guy. She's such a bitch.

You sat in your seat next to Adrien. Behind you sat Marinette and Alya. Nino sat on the other side of Adrien.

You managed to keep your eyes open as Ms. Bustier talked about the assignment. It was a project about superheroes.

"Here are the groups:

"Alix, Juleka, and Rose.

"Kim, Max, and Nathan.

"Lila, Chloe, and Sabrina.

"Mylene, Ivan, and Marinette.

"Since we have four people left, we are having two groups of two.

"Y/n and Adrien.

"Alya and Nino," Ms. Bustier finished.

"Excuse me, Ms. Bustier, but I think that I should pair with Adrien. We are very close and I don't really know Chloe or Sabrina. I think we would pair well together," Lila said.

"That's part of the point of this assignment, to get closer with people you might not know," Ms. Bustier smiled.

"It's just . . ." Lila said, pretending to get emotional. "Chloe is just so mean to me and I just didn't want to be in a group with her."

"Oh, you poor thing," Ms. Bustier said. The class echoed with sympathy for Lila and rude remarks towards Chloe. The only people not saying anything were you, Adrien, and Marinette.

"You should join Adrien and y/n then," Ms. Bustier smiled.

"Can I perhaps be in a group with just Adrien?" Lila said, wiping a fake tear from her face.

"Is there a reason?" Ms. Bustier asked.

"Well . . ." Lila appeared to think, coming up with a lie. "Y/n actually told me once that if I ever talked to her again, she would attack me.

"What?!" I said, trying to keep my emotions in check. I reminded myself that Hawkmoth could akumatise me, then Chat Noir would never like me. That helped me calm down. "Not only is that a horrible excuse, but I never said that."

"Y/n, why would you say something like that to Lila?" Ms. Bustier asked.

I stood up. "I never said that," I said, taking a deep breath. "She's making it up."

"Why would Lila lie about a thing like that?" Alix asked.

You squeezed your hands into fists, trying to calm yourself down. "Because she wants to be in a group with just Adrien," you said through gritted teeth.

"I would never lie. I have lie-itus," Lila said.

"Lie is literally in your name!" you snapped at her.