Chapter Three

It had been a week since you, Adrien, and Lila had started the project. You and Adrien had grown quite a bit closer during that time, meanwhile, Lila was hating you even more.

"We present our projects today," Nino reminded Alya, Marinette, Adrien, and you. "Who'd you do yours on?"

"Ladybug!" Marinette said. Alya opened her mouth to say something. "And in case you're wondering, Alya, it was Mylene and Ivan's idea."

Alya smiled. "We're doing Carapace. My idea. He's just so cool."

You noticed Nino smiled.

"I bet you can guess who my group did," you laughed.

"Well . . . Perhaps it's the guy you talk about 24/7?" Alya smirked.

"Chat Noir?" Marinette giggled.

You pretended to be surprised. "How ever did you know?"

"Lucky guess," Marinette shrugged.

Adrien and Nino laughed.

"Who would you have done if y/n wasn't in your group, dude?" Nino asked Adrien.

"Ladybug," Adrien answered, almost immediately.

"Ah . . . Your crush," Nino teased.

"I bet that's you and Chat Noir are friends. You have a lot in common," you added.

"What does that mean, dudette?" Nino asked.

"Nothing, just that when I interviewed Chat Noir, he said he liked Ladybug, too," you sighed.

"You interviewed Chat Noir!" Marinette and Alya said.

"How'd you manage that?" Alya asked.

You smiled and spoke jokingly. "My charm. He couldn't resist talking to me." Alya gave you a skeptical look and you said, "Actually, it's because Chat and Adrien know each other and he pulled a few strings so that I could interview Chat."

"You know Chat Noir?" Marinette asked Adrien.

"Well, he and Ladybug have saved my life a few times," Adrien said. "We've talked during that time. We aren't like best friends or anything, though."

"Saved your life a few times?" Nino laughed. "It's more like a hundred, my dude!"

"Well, that's what you get for being a model," you laughed. "I wouldn't mind being a model, but if it meant having to deal with Shadowmoth every other fucking day, count me out!"

Adrien shrugged.

Lila approached the group. "Hey, Adrien," she said. "Are you excited to present our project?"

"I'm excited for the project to be over, so I don't have to see your stupid face," you snapped at Lila.

Lila wiped an imaginary tear from her eye. "Y/N is so mean to me!" She buried her face in Adrien's shoulder and he rolled his eyes.

"Damn, dudette, that was kind of rude," Nino snapped. "What she'd ever do to you?"

You groaned. Lila was the worst.

"I'm going on vacation to The United States of America, because my boyfriend, the prince of America, wanted to see me," Lila smiled.

"America doesn't have a prince, they have a president," you said. "If you're gonna lie, get your facts straight."

"Did I say America?" Lila laughed nervously. "I meant Monaca."

"You mean Monaco?" you asked.

Lila glared at you.

The bell ring and you and you friends raced up the stairs, Lila trailing behind you.

You sat down just as Ms. Bustier closed the door.

"Classes, we will be presenting our projects today," Ms. Bustier smiled. "First up, Chloe and Sabrina's presentation on Queen Bee.

You rolled your eyes and spoke quietly. "Queen Bee isn't even a superhero anymore. Vesparia took her job."

"This is my presentation on why Queen Bee is the best superhero in the entire world," Chloe said. "Next slide, Sabrina!"

"Chloe . . . You were supposed to get facts about your superhero. You weren't supposed to talk about why they're the best. I'm going to have to give you an F for not reading the rubric," Ms. Bustier said.

"What?! That's ridiculous, utterly ridiculous!" Chloe snapped.

"Poor Chloe," Adrien sighed.

"You actually feel bad for her?" you asked. Adrien nodded. "Wow, you're a really kind person."

"She's my childhood best friend, of course I feel bad for her," Adrien sighed.

He was so cute. 'Stop it!' you ordered yourself. You could not have a thing for two guys at once. You knew how horribly that was working out for Marinette. Besides, Marinette had feelings for him. Could you really hurt her like that?

Adrien looked at you in confusion. You realized you were staring.

"Sorry," you mumbled, looking down.

Why does life have to be so fucking confusing?

× × ×

You were walking home from school. You were very tired. A long day of dealing with Chloe and her narcissistic attitude, and worse than that . . . Dealing with your feelings towards Adrien.

You knew that Chat Noir was literally your soulmate, but you couldn't help but find Adrien . . . Well, attractive. He was just so kind and you had to admit he was handsome. He actually had a lot in common with Chat Noir. The only difference is that you weren't sure about your feelings towards him. If you could spend more time with him, or just get to know him better, you could decide for yourself if you actually liked him. And if you did, what would Marinette think?

You were so absorbed in your thoughts about Chat Noir, Adrien, and Marinette, that you didn't even realize that you ran into someone.

You fell backwards, and they didn't bother to catch you.

"I'm so sorry, I should've been paying more attention," you said. You looked up to see who it was and your mouth fell open.

"Gabriel Agreste?" You stood up quickly and smoothed out your outfit.

"You're Adrien's father, right? That's cool. Adrien's nice. He's very sympathetic and compassionate and . . . stuff. And you know, he's not horrible looking or anything, which is probably why he's a model. He's cool," you said. "Hey, wait, why are you walking?"

Gabriel glared at you.

"Sorry. It's none of my business," you realized.

"Let me help you up," Gabriel said. He grabbed your hand. "You know my son?"

"We go to school together," you explained. "We worked on a group project together."

"What's your name, young lady?" Gabriel asked.

"Y/N L/N," you said. "May I call you Mr. Agreste?"

"Certainly," Gabriel said.

"Well, Mr. Agreste, I hope you have a lovely day," you said. You quickly shook his hand and then walked past him, in the direction of your house.

You felt staring at you walked and when you glanced back, Gabriel was talking to his phone and staring at you. You couldn't hear what he said, but maybe that was a good thing.

"Yes, Nathalie . . . That's the one we need."