Chapter Seven

You sat in class, talking to Adrien. You were having a conversation about superheroes.

"Well, Chat Noir doesn't talk to me much. He occasionally says hi, but we only had a real conversation once, when I interviewed him," you shrug. It was a lie, but it isn't like you can tell Adrien that you and Chat Noir are dating.

"Interesting," Adrien shrugs. "I wonder if we're ever going to do another project like that."

Alya looks at you. "Hey, what happened? You went to talk to Chat Noir and never came back."

"Oh . . . Well . . ." you tried to come up with something, but nothing came to mind. "I . . . Got lost."

Marinette whispered something to Alya. Alya looked at her in shock. "Really?" Marinette nodded.

"You got lost, dudette? You've been living in Paris since birth," Nino says. "How'd you get lost?"

"I . . . fell . . . into a hole. The firefighters had to save me," you said.

Adrien laughed. "Really?"

"Actually, no. I got teleported back in time by Timetagger. It was just too embarrassing and I didn't want to bring it up," you said.

"How's getting hurt by an akumatisted person embarrassing?" Nino asked. "I've been akumatised before. So has Alya."

"But a lot of people haven't," you said. "Like Adrien, and Marinette, and . . . my mom."

"I've been close to being akumatisted though," Marinette said.

"Me too," Adrien said.

Chloe storms up to you. "Y/n! We need to talk!"

"Talk about what?" you asked.

"Your crush!" she snapped.

"Who? Chat Noir?" you wondered.

"No! The other one!"

"What other one?"

Chloe narrowed her eyes at you. "You know what I'm talking about."

"Actually, I have no idea," you said. "I only like Chat Noir."

"Lies! Tell the truth!"

You stood up. "Who else do I like, then?!"

Chloe looked from you to Adrien and back. She pointed at him. "I know you like him."

"No, I don't!" you said. It wasn't a lie. Right?

"Yes, you do!" Chloe snapped.

Marinette was staring at you. So was Adrien. Just like the entire class.

"I like Chat Noir!" you respond, trying to keep calm.

"And Adrien!" Chloe yelled. "My Adrikins!"

"What makes you think that?!" you snapped. "What?!"

"You blush when you talk to him!"

"I do not!"

"Liar!"

"I like Chat Noir! Ask anyone! Ask Chat Noir himself! Everybody knows!"

"You can like both of them!"

"But I don't!"

Ms. Bustier finally split you and Chloe up. "There is no need to argue over a boy."

"I don't like Adrien!" you said. "He's just a friend!"

"If you keep arguing, I'll have to give you detention!" Ms. Bustier snapped.

A purple butterfly flew in the window. It hovered between you and Chloe.

You took a deep breath. "Fine." You sat down next to Adrien.

The akuma flew into Chloe's sunglasses.

You slammed your face on the table. "Not again."

Marinette rushed out the classroom. Adrien followed, but went left, unlike Marinette, who went right.

Chloe turned into a colorful version of herself. She touched Ms. Bustier, who turned into a pile of rainbow dust. "When there is just me and Adrikins, he'll have no choice but to love me!"

She reached for you, but you jumped backwards. Instead, she touched Nino.

You ran out the classroom and saw Chat Noir coming from the left. Could he be . . . No way. Adrien and Chat Noir couldn't be the same person. It'd be too perfect.

"Hey," you smiled. "Chloe's turning people into dust and saying that when there's nobody left but her and Adrien Agreste, he'll have no choice but to love her. I think that she's going to be after me."

"Why you?" Chat asked.

"Uh . . . She thinks I'm in love with him," you say awkwardly.

"And are you?" Chat asked.

You opened your mouth to say no, but Ladybug raced up from behind you. "Why's Chloe akumatisted this time?"

"She thinks I'm in love with Adrien Agreste, which I'm not, since we all know who I'm actually in love with. Anyway, she's turning people to dust since if she and Adrien are the only ones left, they'll have to repopulate the species," you shrugged.

"Their kids will be gorgeous," Ladybug joked.

Chat Noir looked repulsed. "I hope not."

"So, you hope they have ugly kids?" you laughed.

"That's not what I-" Chat said. "Nevermind."

Ladybug tossed the snake miraculous at you. "Glycon, we could really use you right now."

"Got it!" you smiled. "Sass, scales slither!"

You transformed and ran back into the class. You started coughing. There was rainbow dust everywhere. Chloe touched Alya, the last one in the classroom, and she turned into a pile of dust.

"Chloe! Stop this madness!" Ladybug said.

"It's not Chloe anymore, loserbug! It's Rainbow Dust!"

"How original," you teased.

"Chat Noir and Ladybug! Give me your miraculous, Y/n l/n, and Adrien Agreste and nobody else will have to get hurt!" Rainbow Dust said.

"Never!" Ladybug said.

"Then I'll just have to take them by force!" Rainbow Dust yelled.

She lunged at you and Chat Noir pushed you out of the way. Rainbow Dust hit a wall and fell to the ground.

"We have to find Adrien Agreste!" you said. "If she gets any of her demands, she had leverage over us!"

"Does anybody know where he is?" Ladybug asked.

"He ran that way!" you said, pointing in the direction he went.

"I don't think we'll be able to find him!" Chat said.

"Why not?" you asked.

"He's very smart. He probably has a good hiding spot," Chat said after a pause.

You looked Chat up and down. He couldn't be Adrien.

Right?