Chapter 02: A new world

In a dark place, illuminated with the few candles that decorated the interior of the minimalist room in faint orange color, one could appreciate a sense of tranquillity and antiquity.

That was not all; what stood out most in this place was not the white marble throne in the center of the room nor the various paintings with different historical scenes glued to the walls. The prominent figure was sitting on the throne in the center of the room. The prominent figure was seated on the throne in the center of the room.

It was the outstanding figure sitting on the throne.

The simple fact that she was sitting was enough to convey a sense of oppression and, at the same time, a feeling that only those who have overcome the turbulence of life for thousands of years could possess.

His aura is not something a King or an Emperor could think of possessing; no, it is a different aura. Only those who were born by the will of the world could have an aura, that is, those beings known as gods.

Despite being a god who wandered the mortal world, the man possessed sensible clothing; a white robe that conveyed his divine presence and a black cloak that shadowed his stoic, wrinkled face, with his long, white hair peeking out from under his shoulders.

With his eyes closed, he watched over that place where millions of monsters dwelled. A place known and called home by monsters, equally, a place where the humans of this world ventured and fortified themselves in search of a path that would lead them to wealth, recognition, and women.

Although his eyes were closed and his concentration remained totally on that place, as a God with no sealed strength, he could observe and feel everything in this world.

*Buzzing!

A sudden stirring in the world's own will buzzed merrily in his consciousness, alerting the hooded man in the process.

Without opening his eyes, he focused on the world; however, even after a few seconds, nothing was happening again, as if the above was merely an illusion on the part of his consciousness.

But, before turning his attention back to his main work, something happened that he never in his life thought he would see with his own eyes.

With his senses, he could observe a pillar of golden light illuminating the darkness of the world that only those divine beings could follow. A post that rose and penetrated the very sky as it expanded and embraced the world with a sense of warmth.

The man abruptly opened his eyes and looked in a specific direction. For the first time in who knows how many thousands of years, the azure blue eye emitted myriad emotions. His hands clenched tightly and made the armrest of his throne shatter.

"... Perhaps, this world... no, I can't assume anything."

Though low, his murmur carried an incredible and profound majesty. Soon, however, his brows furrowed in some bewilderment.

"Even with my senses, I can no longer feel or see it."

Although the man could neither see the appearance nor feel the aura of that newly arrived entity that made the will of the world dance with happiness, he knew that this world would undergo a significant change.

As to whether that change would be good or bad, even he did not know.

"I simply hope that the outcome will not be too disastrous. I don't want to imagine what would happen to this world if the worst were to occur. Even Tenkai might not be saved.

Accompanied by a long sigh, the God waved his arm, and as an immediate response, a hooded man materialized inside the room with his head down, showing his loyalty and reverence towards his God.