Chapter 22: Eradicating insects

Nodding at a job well done, I wiped my hands and started walking toward the swarm of ants dealing with the man.

Was it really that difficult to deal with dozens of ants at once?

It was something I didn't know until now. But, perhaps that time would come when I encountered monsters beyond my level, which was apparently happening with these novice adventurers.

*Kiriri! *Kiriri!

Producing strange squeaks from their mouths, the insects' legs squeaked across the floor and walls. While their antennae were decorating their heads, they moved and picked up the sound of my footsteps.

*Kiriri!

The chirping flooded me as the ants darted toward me. It sounded like an avalanche of insects... although they certainly were...

I raised my hand and pointed my finger forward like a gun.

"Golden bullet." A smile burst from my lips as the tip of my index finger lit up.

With sparks emitting a bright, powerful golden light, the electric current condensed at the tip of my finger into a ball the size of an apple.

"Fire!"

*Swoosh!

As I laughed as I managed to replicate a technique similar to one of the anime I watched, the bullet made of golden lightning bolts escaped from my fingers, tracing a golden trajectory with lightning crackling in its wake.

"Hahaha, I always wanted to do something similar!"

The ants' huge eyes shrunk as the golden illumination poured into them.

As the bullet approached, the shadows of the ants were cast on the ceiling and walls of the dungeon before the illumination consumed their figures.

As it passed through the exoskeleton of the first ant, the bullet left a burnt hole the size of a basketball. Without stopping, the bullet's trajectory continued on its path and pierced the next monster behind it.

"U-ugh! What's going on?!"

I heard the man's miserable scream amid the chaos. But I paid no attention to it and pointed my finger at the right wall again.

"Fire!"

Who wouldn't be ecstatic to experience something as unique as shooting bullets from their fingertips? I, for one, at that moment when I was slaughtering ants, felt like I was in the body of an anime character.

I raised my other hand and aimed at the other group of ants as I began spraying golden bullets at them.

Trails of golden energy gave way to a cave lit up as if it were dawn.

Exoskeletons, flesh, blood, and lightning power swept everything in its path without leaving a clear space between the monsters.

Then I stopped my lightning bombardment activities and stood silently to verify the result.

*Crack!

Loud sonorous echoes rang out. The violent wind produced by the crashes was pushing and scattering the shattered stones of the cave everywhere along with the curtains of dust that danced like shockwaves.

"Magic produces such a magnificent sensation."

Admiring my work of art, I could pick up no noise other than the walls being punctured and the booming whistles of the winds.

The monsters were dead.

After my evolution, my energy reserve had significantly increased compared to last time.