Chapter 05: Stronger

I approached the goblin's body, and my body expanded like jelly and covered its entire body.

[The <Devourer> skill has been activated].

[The <Excelia> energy is being purified and processed to the <Origin Energy>].

[Like a predator, devour everything you step on, show no mercy to the ants!]]

A monotone voice rang in my consciousness simultaneously as a golden screen with black letters appeared in front of me, showing me the primary skill I possessed as it ran.

With sounds similar to when one drinks and sips a drink from a bottle, I saw my swollen golden body slowly absorb the dead body of the goblin into my body.

I was trembling and felt that strange energy being directed and gathered at a single point inside my body.

According to the system, there was a core in the center of my body. A core called the "Core of Origin." I don't know why I had something like it was my heart, but I didn't complain since it granted me good benefits that helped me get more potent at an incredible speed.

Apparently, the "Origin Core" is the source of my energy, called "Origin Energy."

This mysterious energy could execute all kinds of skills, either skill that needed mana or other types of energy. That's not all; the skills performed by this energy were more potent than those that used the different kinds of energy. That was the explanation that my system's status panel had.

Well, since it had the word 'Origin' in its name, it was pretty standard that it could have those effects, although I hoped it had unlimited energy, that way, I wouldn't have to worry in battles, and I could spam skills left and right.

Though maybe when I get stronger, these effects will change for the better...

'I feel like I'm being pretty greedy. I already have enough bountiful things that would make anyone envy me...'. I let out an imaginary sigh at my shamelessness.

The above was not the only characteristic of my core.

This wondrous and magical core not only transformed the absorbed energy into 'Origin Energy' but was also responsible for absorbing and distributing the energy absorbed by the 'Devourer' ability throughout the interior of my body so that I could become stronger. To top it off, the absorbed energy was purified and distributed throughout my body.

In conclusion, the core had a function similar to that of a human heart, this one being somewhat different; instead of pumping blood through the human body's veins, the core I possessed evenly pumped a large amount of energy throughout the interior of my body.

Five seconds.

In just five seconds, the goblin's body disappeared completely, leaving me in my original form; a golden ball about 10 centimeters round.

*Crack!

I was startled as a sudden cracking sound originated from within me as if something hard had broken. Flowing, a warm feeling of pleasurable energy coursed through and filled every corner of my body as if I had been rejuvenated.

What happened...? I asked inwardly with some bewilderment.

Fortunately, it didn't take long for a holographic screen to appear in front of me with the answer I was waiting for.

[Congratulations! You have advanced to <Rank F - Medium Level>.

With effort and hard work, you achieve great results that open new doors for you.

Push yourself and move up a rung so that you can unlock new features].

***

'Huh? Man, what's with that encouraging phrase? Even though I've gotten stronger, I have no idea about the scope of the ranks and how they work, unlike this world's power system'.