Chapter 09: Training

"... Uh...? What's with these damn eyes?!"

I wondered aloud as I rubbed my extremely strange eyes.

I looked back at the river, where floated the distorted reflection of the appearance of a boy about 16 years old. The most striking thing, aside from the pure golden color of my hair that was moderately long at the height of my ear, aside from my bangs that fell to the size of my chin, was the pair of eyes that could be considered quite unusual; crimson irises with a golden ring surrounding it like a gear.

 The most striking thing, aside from the pure golden color of my hair that was moderately long at the height of my ear, aside from my bangs that fell to the size of my chin, was the pair of eyes that could be considered quite unusual; crimson iris...

[Imagine him as the character above, replacing the hair with that of a pure gold and the eyes as described above]

Since when do you see a similar eye? I'm sure if I walk around town with these eyes, I'll attract a lot of attention, especially from that stalker goddess. Speaking of her, she might cause me quite a bit of trouble if I go to Orario, though I sincerely hoped that her perverted eyes would not be able to penetrate the core that hides my sacred soul. But considering that I possess the skill "Existential Veil," it's somewhat unlikely.

Back to the subject, even if I didn't have those unusual but same time beautiful and charming eyes, I would draw quite a lot of attention wherever I went. The reason is my appearance, which, although it was the one I possessed in my previous life, my skin looked smoother and, at the same time, milky, as if the sunburned cells had been erased.

A sharp face and chin; with my slime transformation, all the impurities contained in the human body were naturally erased.

I moved the pajamas I was wearing a little and realized that, although I had no muscles or fat, my body structure was firm and slender. As for my height, a little taller than in my previous life, I was about 185 centimeters.

It was a body I couldn't have used in my past life...

'My ancestors, forgive me for disappointing you...'. I made an exaggerated gesture as I apologized.

'If I say so myself, and I don't want to sound narcissistic, I am quite handsome.' If my pretty pajamas weren't in the way, this statement would certainly be more convincing...'

"This is another reason to train and maintain my dignity as a man. I don't think being kidnapped and rap*d by a random woman is all that pleasant, even if she is pretty. So, I need to be strong enough to protect this ass of mine."

Poor me. I wiped away the tiny drop of fake tears that fell down my cheeks.

As if I had made an important decision, my expression brightened, and I pulled out the Katana from my inventory as I turned around.

"Now that I have adopted a human form, that cave will no longer be useful to me. It would be smarter to stay in this place to train. Besides, the scenery surrounded by colorful trees and a crystal clear river relieves all worries."

Of course, I could change my form at any time, as they did not consume my energy in any way, something I am also satisfied with. However, if I want to change to another form, such as a stone, my energy will undoubtedly be depleted using my "Camouflage" skill. However, despite my excuses, I quite liked this place.