The Perfect Chance

CLAMP owns CCS, Amethyst Beloved owns Destined Love, along with Valentine Sweethearts, and White Day Darlings

----------

Opening song: 'Catch You Catch Me' (TV size)

----------

Chapter II: The Perfect Chance

----------

~The park~

Tomoyo was strolling through the park with all sorts of thoughts that were swirling around her head, but there was one specific thought that wouldn't leave.

Tomoyo: Eriol...

It's been a week since Sakura and Syaoran have told her about giving Eriol a chance, but she has yet to make up her mind.

~On the other side of the park~

Unbeknownst to Tomoyo, Eriol was strolling across from her, stuck in a very similar situation.

Eriol: At least, Sakura and Syaoran have sided with me. Now, all I need to-

Before he could say anything else, he was interrupted by a rainstorm.

Eriol: Oh, terrific. *Summons a big umbrella* I better head back.

Just as he was about to head back to his house, he noticed a shadow figure standing under a tree.

~Underneath the tree~

Tomoyo: Great, I should've checked the weather. I have to make a run for it.

Just as she was about to make a run for it, she noticed a figure with an umbrella.

Tomoyo: Oh. Thank you. I owe you- *She notices who it is as the figure gets closer* ...one?

That figure was Eriol. The last person she would expect.

Eriol: *Sigh* I know we're not really good friends, Tomoyo, but since you're stuck in the rain with no dry way out, you might as well cope with me assisting you. *Closes his eyes, waiting for a response*

Tomoyo just stood there for a moment, pondering about what to do.

Tomoyo: (Well, he does have a point. I might as well cope with it.) *Steps under Eriol's umbrella*

Eriol: *Open his eyes to see Tomoyo smiling*

Tomoyo: *Whispers in his ear* Thank you.

Eriol was at a loss for words, as he and Tomoyo headed for the Daidouji residence. He didn't think Tomoyo would actually accept his offer.

{The next morning}

~Kinomoto Residence~

The next morning, Sakura, Syaoran, and Kero were trying to figure out how to solve the clue note that the Rendezvous Card left behind.

Sakura: Do we even have a friend in denial?

Syaoran: *Ponders for a moment* Hmm... *!* There's Tomoyo. She's in denial. *Realizes* With Eriol. Of course!

Sakura *!* Which means the boy must be Eriol.

Syaoran: Exactly, but the question is how is Eriol suppose to make her worthwhile?

Kero: The cards want to have their purpose effectively satisfied. When its job is done, it'll show itself.

Sakura: So, all we have to do is have Tomoyo and Eriol come together to see what card is possessing them.

Syaoran: We'll wait until it pops out, and catch it.

Sakura: Let's just hope it doesn't take too long. Tomoyo isn't too crazy about Eriol. (She's usually crazy about me.) *She imagines Tomoyo giggling deviously, while holding a dress obviously meant for her*