Those 3 Little Words

CLAMP owns CCS, Amethyst Beloved owns Destined Love, along with Valentine Sweethearts, and White Day Darlings

----------

Differences: Slight modification. Instead of "I love you", I've decided on a "Can we date?" approach.

----------

Opening song: 'Catch You Catch Me' (TV size)

----------

Chapter VII: Those 3 Little Words

----------

{November}

~Tomoeda Junior High~

It had been two months since Kai was welcomed into the group, and an entire season since Chiharu came back to Tomoeda. All because of Rika and Takashi. Now, the two couples have to figure out how to solidify their relationships.

~Classroom~

Chiharu: Did he ask you out yet?

Rika: No, not yet. It's been two months.

Chiharu: *Giggle* Well, we all know how timid he is. Maybe, you should make the first move.

Rika: *?* I should ask him out? But where should we even go to?

Chiharu: Well, there's that new diner in downtown. Would that be good?

Rika: That'll do. But what about your problem?

Chiharu: *!* *Blush* Oh, it's no big deal.

Rika: No, it's not. All you have to do is tell him.

Chiharu: Well, sometimes confessing to someone could break up a couple.

Rika: Do you regret being his friend since you 5?

Chiharu: No. I never regretted.

Rika: Do you regret spending your birthday money for that plane ticket?

Chiharu: No. That was probably the best thing I ever bought.

Rika: Then, I don't see any other problem than your main one. That only kiss that you two had so far doesn't seem to help.

Chiharu: ... *Sigh* I'll do it after school.

Takashi: *Enters to see Chiharu talking to Rika* Maybe, I should... *Notices Kai staring at Rika and Chiharu's conversation* He'll do.

Kai: ... (I've gotta tell her, but how...?)

Takashi: It wouldn't hurt to tell her.

Kai: *!* *Turns to Takashi* ... I don't know. I don't think we're ready.

Takashi: I think you are. You care about her a lot.

Kai: ... (He has a good point.)

*Flashback*

{October}

Rika: I can't believe I forgot my lunch! Just when I'm starving!

Kai: *Notices Rika's problem and walks to her with his lunch bag in hand* Would you like some of mine?

Rika: *!* Y-You don't have to go through the trouble. I'm not hungry. *Her stomach grumbles, causing her to blush* ... On the other hand...

Hearing that, Kai wasted no time in giving Rika an item from his lunch bag.

Kai: Why don't we have lunch together? If one of us forgets something, the other can give theirs. Either way, we'll keep each other company.

Rika: Sounds good.