A Early Retreat

Your POV:

Jin decided to just sit on the hospital bed keeping  little distance from me.And I found yourself not really minding the proximity,a small voice in your head reminded me that my reaction to him even barely coming closer to me is just bizarre.But I couldn't find it in myself to care.

'soulmate bond' I thought.

Jin took a look at the boys, seeing that they were all busy with their desserts/dinner and both of you were being given some precious moments of privacy.

"So you're my soulmate."He softly stated.

"Yeah "I meekly replied.

Jin opened his mouth to say something,but then closed it hesitating for a moment then finally asked,"I .. don't take this the wrong way but...I just wanted to ask you how old are you?"

'That's the first question you want to ask.'

That's it?I thought he was going to ask something more personal with the way he was skirting around.

"I'm 26.Why would I take that any wrong way?"I asked with a arched brow.

"Well,I have offended some girls in the past with the question?"He answers sheepishly.

'does he talk to a lot of girls?' I wonder taking a bite of the cupcake.Something inside me burns slightly.oh god!I am jealous.This is ridiculous.I just met the man!

'Maybe it's just hunger.'I think as I take a big bite of the cupcake.The chocolate filling melts in my mouth and the taste makes me moan a little.I realize I haven't had anything to eat since breakfast, unless you count some cake frostings as lunch.

My pupils dilate when I feel a warm hand on my bare knee.Jin slowly rubs my knee perhaps a calming gesture but unfortunately it has the opposite effect.My gaze zeros in on Jin's hand on my bare knee.I think this is first time he's made skin to skin contact with me since the bond and sweet fudge that feels...

Good.

I look up and his eyes are on his fingers which are currently tracing patterns on my knee.

"I am 28.Do you know what that means?"He asked in a whisper.

I swallowed,not being able to answer with words I just shook my head.

His eyes met mine and the intensity in them,set off fireworks in me.I was pinned with his gaze.

"It means......I have waited more than half my life for you.What the hell took you so long?"

In the background,I could hear the heartbeat monitors rythmic beeping swiftly speeding up,to match the pace of my frantic heart.

It is one thing to have your heart pounding in it's ribcage,so loud you fear someone would surely hear it,but it's another thing to be attached to a monitor that records your spiking heart rate and projects it for everyone to hear and see.There is no way to hide his effect on me.The corner of his lip turns up in smirk and that's my confirmation.

He knows.

As soon as I realize that I look down, trying to obscure my burning cheeks in a useless attempt to hide it anyway.

A loud laugh reverberates in the room,I jolt in my place and in doing so jerk my knee away from Jin's touch.I look to my right and see Taehyung laughing uncontrollably at something Jungkook said.My cheeks turn crimson.I completely forgot they were here.

I look back at Jin to see him rubbing his red ears in embarrassment.He silently shifts a bit away from me.I feel a horrible longing,no other emotion could describe it.I hope that he doesn't think he made me feel uncomfortable.

I clear my voice and regaining a bit of my natural wit,I reply,"I am sorry.I am late,I lost track of time baking."

I take a cupcake from the box and bring it towards him.A silent offering to move past the awkwardness.

He smiles and takes the cupcake,staring at the cupcake in fondness he turns towards me  and says,"yeah,I can see that."

Taking a bite of the cupcake,he smiles at me.

I take a cupcake for myself,and taking a big bite I allow myself to smile back.

* * *
W/N: it's small,I am sorry.The next one will be longer I promise.