Side-effects

Your POV:

I stood in front of my shop. The cold wind blowing against me; setting chills up my spine.

The sun had just risen, it's rays had yet to warm the earth.So, I stood still in front of my bakery. I struggled to contain my grief and tears.

Why the hell was I crying you ask?
Well,today started in the most horrible note.
Flash back~

My head was groggy, I had a nightmare right before I woke up.

I could faintly hear my phone buzzing somewhere.But I couldn't tell where it was.

I got up from the bed and looked around I  till I  finally found my phone it was buzzing. I saw that I had 13 missed calls. They were from the same person.

Mrs.Lee.

I picked up, already anticipating her rebuke and scorn."Yeoboseyo, Mrs.Lee."

"Y/N, how kind of you to pick up my call?"

"I am so sorry, Mrs.Lee. I..."She was interjected before she could carry on.

"No.No, I think I am done with you Y/N. I wanted to give you a chance because I believed you were a good and hardworking person. I trusted you, but your unprofessional behavior cost me a lot last night; my respect in society."She carried on her tirade, and my eyes began to water. I knew where this was heading.I found myself paralyzed to say something else.

"I am sorry,Y/N. But I'm cutting you off. I no longer wish to waste anymore of my money in your failing venture."

My heart felt in brink of fracture.

"Mrs.Lee, I can explain."I tried desperately praying she'll give me a chance to at least...

*Beep*

.... explain.

"I found my soulmate." I offered my explanation to the void on the other side uselessly.

When I set my phone down with trembling fingers the first thing I decided was that I cannot stay in the hospital a single minute more.

So I left for home. For my bakery.

Flashback end~

I kept staring at my bakery. I was trying to memorize how it looks and feels like it is family;  family about to be lost. I realized I had began mourning for an inanimate object before I had even lost it.

Chin up, Y/N. I tried to be strong.

Tears blurred my vision. I love this bakery so much. I have loved this dream so much.

Why...

"Onnie, onnie."Mina cooed as she hugged my side giving support. I was so thankful to have her company right now.

"Don't cry, Onnie. There's nothing to be embarrassed about I forget the keys to my house all the time."

I deadpaned.Mina, oh Mina.

I laughed.Even after everything that has happened today I couldn't help but laugh.

In her defense, I guess I should have given her an explanation instead of just waking her up and ordering her to just drive me to the bakery.

I opened the pulled out my keys and opened the door to the bakery.Mina beside me gave a gasp."You had the keys?"

"Yeah"I scoffed.

When I went in everything was as I left it although the pastries were bound to go stale today. I'll try to eat and give sanctuary in my stomach to as many semi-stale pastries as I could today. Depressive news makes my hunger ravenous.

I went upstairs to brush my teeth because I didn't even do that before leaving the hospital. My room was a total mess, I have no energy to clean it up now. Later .. I guess when I am not dealing with the possibility of future bankruptcy and recovering from a head injury.

I plucked a bottle of orange juice from the fridge, two plates and two spoons with me and came downstairs.

I saw the question look being directed at me. I sighed and sat down with 2 pastries and a dry cake on my plate. I looked at Mina and told her, "help yourself to some they are going to go stale soon. If we can't eat them I'm just going to have to throw them out." My left-hand signaling towards pastries on the second shelf.

Mina want and got a pastry on her plate as well. Then continued to stare at me awaiting an explanation.

After finishing halfway through one pastry I took a deep sip of the orange juice and told her everything.

By the end of my story, Mina was looking like a deflated balloon animal.

Finishing the last bite, my hunger now abated I wondered,

"What's Jin doing right now?"

"Who's Jin?"Mina asked with furrowed brows.

"My soulmate," I said like I was reading the bill.

Mina's jaws were threatening to touch the floor, a small smile came on my face. Then my eyes widened in horror maybe I shouldn't have told her that.

My dear friend's smile widened till it was stretched maniacally wide.

"ONNIE!"She screamed.

I, unfortunately, couldn't protect my ears in time.
////
Another small chapter.The next one is Jin's POV.