\FOUR\

I could hear an owl faintly hooting in the distance.

A few moments pass by and the sound of the owl hooting dies down and then silence. It was so silent, it was almost deafening.

I adjusted my bag over my shoulder. There was no one outside. Not a single person. Not everyone escapes out of their town in the middle of the night.

I look behind me and see that by now I was quite far from my neighborhood.

The sky was filled with a great deal of dark clouds

There were vast trees surrounding me from every corner, protecting me from the rain that was threatening to start pouring any moment.

Just as I think that, I feel a tiny drop of water fall on my arm, then another drop of water fall on my head, then another on my neck and soon the rain came pouring down like a beast.

I get completely drenched, my shoes getting sinking into the muddy pathway as it wasn't right for the weather.

I look at my wristwatch, it was 3:55AM. There was still alot of time for the sun to rise.

I kept walking and walking, my legs getting tired, tired of walking. They were about to give up.

I heard my stomach gurgle which was followed by a sharp pain. I was starving.

I started to look around, look around for any fruit trees. But there was nothing, nothing at all. Just big trees.

Then just as I was about to give up searching for food, I spotted a tree with dozens of cherries on it.

I practically ran towards the tree and plucked out quite a few for myself.

I began walking, grateful I had something to eat.

Minutes passed by, hours passed by and I keep walking.

The sun had rose by now, it was 5AM.

And then before I knew it, I had reached my destination. I look up and see mountains, lots and lots of mountains.

I took a deep breath and said to myself, "Let's do this."

The mountains weren't that high. They were more like hills but not exactly that.

I start climbing and it took practically the rest of the day to get to the top of one of the mountains.

I try climbing up the mountains from places that have pathways but none the less it's still difficult to do so.

I'm halfway up the mountains when one of my hands slip, leaving me holding myself up with just one hand.

My breath gets caught in my throat.

I look down. I was so high up.

Fear took my entire body and the hand I was balancing myself up with was starting to slip as well due to my hands sweating.

Then by some miracle, I slowly bring my other arm up and balance myself up.

When I stand back up on my feet, I feel a sharp pain on my left hand going all the way up my arm.

My left hand was bruised, swollen and bleeding.

I hadn't brought any sort of tools or materials with me so I tore a piece of my shirt which was paired with my dirty coat.

I took the piece of cloth I tore up from my shirt and wrapped it around my left hand tightly so that the pressure from the cloth would stop the bleeding.

And then I proceeded to climb up again.

I didn't know exactly what time it was when I took my last steps towards the top of the mountain but all I knew was that it was night time. Black clouds covering every corner of the sky, not a star in sight.

Luckily I had brought an oil lamp with me.

I held the oil lamp up high. The light from the oil lamp illuminating everything in front of me.

And then I thought to myself.

This. is. it. I'm here. This is exactly where I'm going to build my new home.

A/N: Hi everyone! Hope you all liked today's chapter! If you did, make sure to vote, comment and share. I'd really appreciate that. Follow me too to for more updates on my book! See ya!