\FOURTEEN\

"Thank you, mate. You helped us alot. Thank you for that. For it all." Mr. Davis says to Arthur, hugging him good-bye.

"It's no big deal, Walter. Anything for a friend " He returns the hug, smiling.

I thank Arthur as well and Mr. Davis and I teleport back to London, to our home.

"When are you going to tell Alexander?" Mr. Davis asks me.

"You tell me. When should I tell him?"

"You need to rest, and alot before you teleport to Massachusetts again." He puts a hand on my shoulder.

"Thank you, Mr. Davis. You're a gem. I can't thank you enough."

"Oh, c'mon, son. Don't mention it. It's nothing. In fact, you helped me prove myself that I'm not a total fool after all."

"You're not. You never were. You should know that with or without my help, you're an incredible person," I swallow and then say something I never thought I'd say.

I look at Mr. Davis, he was smiling, his eyes focused on the ground, walking alongside me.

"Can I tell you something?"

Mr. Davis looks at me and nods, "Anything."

"Some– Sometimes you remind me of my father and maybe even my mother at times. Whenever I look at you, it evokes memories of them."

"Really? How were they like?" He smiles.

"You should know, they were just like you, Sir. Caring, loving, sympathetic. I could go on forever."

"Well, son," He put a hand on my shoulder, stopping me from walking any further, "now I know where you got beautiful characteristics like that from."

I smile and we head back home.

-

"I'd like to sell this jar of milk and this wool please." I bring out both my hands to show him the items.

"of course." The person standing behind the stall took both the things and placed it down

"Thank you, mate. Here's your money." He gave me a small smile.

Although the money wasn't a huge amount, it would work for a week and a half.

I took the money and said, "Thank you."

This was how I earned money now.

This is what I did for a living.

I didn't earn as much as I earned before but at least I was well and alive.

That's all that mattered.

I started walking out of the noisy streets of London.

That's when I saw a someone

A very familiar someone.

Someone who was by my side at a very rough time.

Someone I betrayed and just left.

Without a second thought.

Henry. My best friend.

He was buying fruits at the fruit stall.

He didn't notice me but I did.

Of course I would see him, it had only hit me then that I was in my very own town where I left him with nothing but a futile note.

He was probably furious with me. Anyone would be.

I crossed by him and that's when he saw me.

I kept my head down but it was no use.