\TWELVE\

I stand up quickly and started to walk back down the same leafy pathway.

What was I to do in a country in which I had no idea about where to go.

I try to remember what ways had Arthur took, to bring us from the city into the woods.

I keep walking, thinking I'd never get to the city side of Massachusetts but then finally after a good 20 minutes or so I see the old and newly constructed buildings of Massachusetts and I hear the chatter of the people walking along the streets.

I quickly hurry and step foot into the city.

I had to find out whether or not, Alexander's project had ever made it to the world.

Alexander was working on something that allowed people to talk to eachother on a telecommunication device, no matter what side of the world they were on.

I started to look if people were holding something like Alexander's project or even talking about it.

I even asked people about it but every one I asked merely shook their head, no, whilst giving me a weird look.

And they weren't wrong for doing so.

After no hope of getting a positive answer, I stopped walking and decided to go back.

That's when I saw a newspaper stand.

I rushed over to the stand and grabbed one newspaper to see if there was any news of Alexander's invention but it was no hope.

I went back to the forest and teleported back to the current time.

My eyes snapped open. I look around and see Arthur.

He rushes to me and helps me stand back on my feet.

"Are you okay?" His eyes were filled with concern.

"Yeah, why?" I ask.

I was fine.

"When you teleported back, you looked scared and your hands were shaking when I helped you up." He told me.

I hadn't realized I was shaking until he mentioned it.

"I merely need water. Is there a river nearby?" I ask him.

"Yes, there's one right over there," He points behind me. "Come on, let's go over there."

I follow him and soon I could hear the  babbling and burbling of the river that smelled like wildlife.

I rushed over to the river and took a handful of water to drink.

I look back at Arthur and pointed to the river asking him if he wanted to drink some water but he just shook his head.

I stood up and walked to Arthur, "Arthur, I want Mr. Davi– I mean Walter, your friend to be here with me. I need his help and I don't think I can travel even a little but more further into the future without his assistance so I need to go back and bring him here. Is that alright with you?" I ask him.

"Of course, go back and get him. I'll be waiting right here if you need me." He puts a hand on my shoulder and smiles.

"Thank you." I smile and run back to where we were standing and teleport back to my home.

I get there and run to Mr. Davis's home. I open the the front door and shout, "Mr. Davis! Mr. Davis!"

Mr. Davis rushes out of his study room and says, "Edward, son, are you okay? You're back already?"

"I'm fine, I need you to come to Massachusetts with me. I can't travel into the future without you being there, helping me. I went one year into the future and had when I had no good news about Alexander's project, I decided to come back and when I did I couldn't breathe, I got a strange feeling in my stomach and–" I start to panic.