\SIX\

I had no idea what was going on. This man, I had never seen nor spoken to before wanted to discuss something important with me.

But what? And why?

He didn't know me, I didn't know him.

Then what's something so serious he had to immediately talk to me about.

Realizing it was impossible for me to guess what the matter was, I pushed it out of my head and stayed patient till we got to his home.

Mr. Davis was walking with his hands behind his back, this was kind of like his signature pose. He looked quite strong for his age.

We walked for god knows how long, him making conversation with me every now and then.

Then what felt like hours later, we finally reached his home.

His hut was quite bigger than mine was, having a very sombre as well as very restrained colour to it.

He walked towards the door and motioned for me to come inside with him.

I followed him.

As soon as stepped foot into his house, I felt a stabbing pain in my head, I started getting lightheaded. My vision blurred and everything Mr. Davis was speaking soon started getting muffled. I couldn't hear a single thing nor could I see anything clearly.

I put my trembling hand on the side of my head, hoping this terrible pain would stop.

I felt wooziness all over my body and then before I knew it, I lost balance and fell to the ground.

My eyes snap open, I look around, where was I?

I sit up straight and then I see him. Mr. Davis sitting on a small chair on the right side of me. He was sipping on his drink

"Where the heck am I?" I ask him, upset. How could he just be sitting there so calmly?

"Now now, calm down. You're at my house. We met outside your home, remember?"

"Yes, I do. What happened to me?" I ask him again.

"You passed out." He sips on his drink again.

"What? How and why?" I ask him getting confused.

"I have the answer to all your questions, young man. But I can't tell you, not like this at least. You won't understand." He sits up.

"What won't I understand? And why can't you tell me?" My voice gets louder.

"Edward.. take it easy. There's no need-"

I cut him off by screaming, "No! Don't tell me to take it easy. You know something and you're choosing not to tell me. I came all the way here just because you had something to discuss with me and now you're saying you aren't even going to tell me!"

"I'm not saying I won't tell you. All I'm saying is I won't tell you, when you clearly aren't feeling well. You need to be on your best state for me to tell you everything." He says in a calm tone.

"I'm fine! Okay. I'm absolutely fine. Just get on with it." I say trying to control my anger.

He shakes his head, no.

"Either you tell me or I'm leaving." I say trying to keep my cool.

"Listen, Ed—"

"That's it, I'm leaving." I stand up and say quickly.

But my legs give up and I fall back into the bed.

I put my head in my hands.

I hear the sound of water getting poured and then I get handed a glass of water.

"Here, relax and drink some water." He says.

I sigh and grab the glass of water from him and take a few sips.

Mr. Davis speaks up, "Look, Edward, what I have to tell you requires serious concentration and you're not feeling good right now, so get some sleep, stay here for a couple of days if you'd like. We'll talk tomorrow, alright." He pats my leg and leaves the room.

I set aside the glass and lay down on the bed.

I'll deal with everything tomorrow, I thought to myself.

And then close my eyes.

-

When I wake up in the morning, the sunlight is seeping through the window in the room.

I sit up on the bed and leave the room.

Mr. Davis's home had a homely feeling to it.

Even though he had only one room, he had a big living room and a kitchen.

I see Mr. Davis cooking breakfast.

"Hello." I say.

I felt so guilty for raising my voice at him yesterday.

He looks up from what he was doing and smiles, "Hello, Edward."

"Look, I-I'm sorry. I don't know what happened to me yesterday." I say.

"It's fine, son. Don't worry about it. You weren't feeling well and that's fine," He pats my shoulder. "How are you feeling now?"

"Better," I say and sit on the chair near the small table. "What are you cooking?"

"Eggs. Also coffee or tea?" He asks.

I give him a small smile, "Coffee"

-

I go put the dishes in the sink and come sit back down on my chair.

"Now will you tell me what's going on?" I ask him.

He sighs and speaks, "Alright," He adjusts himself on his chair, "I always thought it was impossible. For the past 40 years I've been searching and searching, each time turning out to be unsuccessful. The world told me I was crazy for it. Called me ridiculous and insane. I wanted to prove the world that I wasn't. That my theory, my project will be lucky enough to achieve my goal. But how could I, when I lost every single time. Everyone was against me. My own father thought I was a lost cause. He threw me out of the house. He said he didn't want a son who disobeys him and humiliates him."

"Mr. Davis, is everything alright? What are you talking about? I'm very confused." I say.

He laughs, "Sorry, I got a little ahead of myself. What I'm trying to tell you is that all those years of searching and finding and looking, finally I can prove the world wrong that I have finally found what I was looking for, for these past 40 years." He grins.

"Really? How and when did you find it?" I slowly smile.

"About," He thinks for a moment,"2 months ago." He rests his arms on the table.

"Mr. Davis, congratulations, that is incredible! I'm so happy for you." I grin.

He gives me a small smile.

"But, what was it that you had to achieve anyway?" I ask.

"Oh yes, I completely forgot to tell you. My project was to find someone who could teleport/time travel." He says.

"And did you? Did you find someone?" I ask.

"Yes. I found that in you." He rests his back against the chair.

"What? How? Who am I?" I swallow.

"Who are you? Well, Edward, son, you are someone who, through meditation and concentration can time travel to another era, another year, another day. Where ever you'd like, you can teleport there. We just need to work together. Together, we can create something magnificent."

A/N: Hiii people! Hope you liked this chapter! Things are getting intense...
If you did like this chapter, make sure to vote, comment and share! Follow me to stay tuned for more updates on my book!