Chapter 3: The engagement

Pihu's pov

"Do you know where I live? Or who I am?"

He again asked me being puzzled. Is Rajababu joking with me? Is it some kind of prank which he used to play with his childhood friend nishant?

When I was a kid, I saw him playing many pranks with the servants. He also act so genuinely that anyone can get fooled by his actions. Later, I came to know that he got many prizes from his school for taking part in school drama.

"Hey....help me please.....I don't know whom to ask...where to go.....I don't remember anything at all....can you help me?"- he asked me so desperately.

I keep staring at him in pure shock.

"You.....are.....Rajababu....I mean Rajveer Koshal...."- I said to him.

He stared at me with confusion.

"Rajveer....My name is Rajveer....

Suddenly he held his head and stumbled back. His head was about to collide with the tree but I hugged his waist and stopped him in falling.

I was literally hugging him. My heart started to beat so fast. Our bodies are attached with each other. I realized our position and slowly lift my head.

My heart skipped multiple beats when I saw him staring at me directly with so much shock and confusion.

I immediately left him and moved back hesitantly. He was still staring at me.

"Who are you?"- he asked me.

"Why are you hugging me like that? Did anyone scared you?"- his questions make me perplexed.

"I...I....you....I...."- I was unable to form even a word.

"Relax...Go inside your home...."- He ordered me.

I nodded my head and slowly walked away from there.

What was that??

2 weeks passed after that. Baba has returned from the hospital. His surgery was successful. We have also arranged the money. Actually Jiji took a loan from her NGO.

Still sometimes that morning incident haunt me. I don't know why but Rajababu's behaviour was not like a normal person that day. Still I thought whether it's a prank or something.

I can see Rajababu everyday like earlier. These days they are very much busy for the marriage preperations. And today is Rajababu's engagement.

We also have to work hard to decorate the mansion. I was keeping a smile on my lips but I'm feeling sad. May be my heart is behaving like a selfish person. I should feel happy after seeing his happiness. But in some way a slight pain was residing in my chest.

I always knew that I can never get him. He is like a star to me. I can never catch the star inside my palm. I can only see it's beauty from far.

Myra mam is lucky. Her fate was binding with Rajababu. Baba always says that everything was decided from the beginning. Before our birth the name of your soulmate has been written in our fate. We can never change that.

Myra ji's name is written on Rajababu's fate and noone can change that.

But at the same time, I can't stop loving him only because he is destined for someone else.

My love is beyond this destiny, beyond every fortune, beyond every fate.

He will never know that there is a little girl existing very close to him and loving him every second with her every heartbeat.