Chapter 16: Connected through soul

Pihu's pov

"There is no high school in some villages..so I have decided to establish few high schools...this is the solution of my first problem...the next one is, I have decided to establish some play schools for our city...kids of wealthy families will get better opportunity like this...and the third issue is...i have decided to provide a monthly salary to the temple priests..."

Everyone clapped after listening to Baivab. I also clapped. Rajababu made a pout.

"He can't win doll...we will win"

He whispered in my ear. I slightly smiled.

"Now, Pihu....tell us what vital issues you have find out..."

Rajasaab called me on the stage. I got a bit nervous. My palms were sweating. Suddenly I felt Rajababu is holding my wrist and taking me on the stage. I looked at him and suddenly I saw the glimpse of that Rajveer who used to be the Yuvraj of this empire.

"Why are you scared doll? I'm with you..."

My tension got vanished. I smiled while looking at him. He also smiled back. I can win any battle if he hold my hand like this.

I went on the stage. I cleared my throat and then faced the crowd.

"I...I have resolved three issues...the first one is, I have suggested a course for the quack doctors because many villagers and tribal people believes in them...Health is a very important part..if a person can lead a healthy life, he can do anything....my second issue is the transportation....I have seen that many villages do not have a proper transport system...they felt a lots of difficulty for that...so I'm suggesting to build some roads and introduce some good transport system on those places...and the third problem I have find out the issue of maternal health....women are going for sterilization because the health workers are suggesting them for family control but many women are getting sick and some women are dying during the procedure..during the last year total 100 women died from 5 villages after sterilization"

"What is your solution then? Don't tell me that you are suggesting that the villagers will buy contraceptive by their hard earning money instead of food"

Baivab interrupted me and started to laugh. Many people from the crowd also laughed.

I stared at Baivab silently.

"No.. I'm not suggesting this because I know buying contraceptive is difficult for them... I'm suggesting that the sterilization should be performed on men rather than women because that would be less risky...."

A gasp escaped from everyone's mouth. I know men will never agree to do that because of their ego. I have to make them understand.

"Female reproductive system is very complicated compared to the men because women has to carry the baby...after sterilization, women started to face many issues because their hormone supply got interrupted but men never faces such issues because their hormone supply stay intact after sterilization...just think logically...these women are taking care of their families...if a woman dies then a whole family will fall apart.....We have to make those villagers understand this issue... I'm sure they will understand...we have to appoint some young boys and girls who will make them understand this... believe me, it's the easiest solution for maternal health...we have to start the safe motherhood program in these villages...so that these women can be saved, who are the backbone of a family..."

I stopped and looked at the crowd. A different kind of silence got prevailed around me. May be they didn't like my idea. I lowered my head and decided to leave the stage.

Suddenly I heard some claps from the crowd. I looked at the crowd and find many women are clapping. Soon the clap turned into huge and big clappings.

I stood frozen. It was totally unexpected for me. I kept on staring at the crowd in shock. Are they really clapping for me.