Chapter four; Phosphenes.

{Phosphenes; the colour or 'stars' you see when you rub your eyes

{Phosphenes; the colour or 'stars' you see when you rub your eyes.}

-Jakku.

Adam untangles himself out of the netting from the parachute, standing up as he looks around frantically. Nothing but a sea of sand surrounding him. 

"Aurora!" He shouts, turning on his heel, eyes wide as he spots a cloud of smoke only a few dunes away. He sprints over the dunes, skidding down the dune towards the crash. 

The two TIE fighters are crashed together, both sinking in towards each other, smoke escaping and creating a whirl of black clouds. 

"Poe!" 

Adam and Finn, the other stormtrooper, turn to each other before both heading to the crash site. Finn reaches in the smashed window, grabbing and pulling out Poe's jacket. Adam spots Aurora slumped against the panels. Kicking at the window, he effectively smashes the glass and pulling more of the glass off with his hands before reaching in to pull Aurora out. 

Suddenly, the sand ships begin to sink into the sand, Adam scrabbling back as he pulls Aurora into him, backing up and sitting to the side. Aurora slumped on his lap. He gently lays her on the side as Finn walks up to them clutching Poe's jacket. He sits next to Fox watching as the two ships sink into the sand. 

"Was he?-"

"I have no idea," Finn mutters, turning to Adam he holds out a hand for him to shake, "Finn." 

Adam shakes his hand, "Adam." 

Suddenly, as the TIE fighters finally sink and the sand explodes, Adam and Finn covering their eyes to avoid the sand in their eyes. Aroura suddenly sits up with a gasp, shuffling away from Adam as he tries to reach over for her, her breathing is swallow as she places a hand on her chest trying to calm her breathing.

"Where is Poe?" 

Adam and Finn look at each other before Finn turns to Aurora. Her eyes darting towards the jacket in his hand before looking back at him. She stands on shaky legs, the two ex-stormtroopers watching her as she looks around, blinking away any tears. 

"Come on Poe," Aurora closes eyes, whispering to herself as takes a deep breath. She was trying to find him, trying to sense anything or some feeling of hope. She looks down at the crash site, ignoring the two who's voices become nothing but murmurs as she uses the force to lift the crashed TIE fighters out of the sand and up in the air, moving it onto the sand beside her. The two ex-stormtroopers sit eyes wide in shock as they watch. Smoke still escapes the two ships and Aurora twirls her hand and the dark smoke twirls into one before Aurora flicks her hand to the side and the smoke is pushed to the side and out into the atmosphere. 

Kneeling down in front of the smashed window, she peers in side finding nothing but two empty seats. She stand, wincing in pain at the blaster shot on her side, she places a hand on her side before kneeling down to look in the other TIE fighter, finding nothing. She stands, sighing as she runs a hand through her tangled hair.