Chapter nine; I'm Fine.

{I'm Fine; The most common lie

{I'm Fine; The most common lie.}

Poe didn't let go of Aurora's hand, keeping it in his tightly as they rush through the Resistance base with Finn hot on their heels. Leia, Han and Chewie standing in the middle of the base as everyone else rushed around them. Adam was sat in a medical tent as someone professionally wrapped his wounds. 

"General Organa!" Poe called, skidding to a stop in front of them, "Sorry to interrupt, this is Finn."

"They need to talk to you," Aurora says, Han glances down at her and Poe's hands, raising a brow at his daughter who bites back her own smile. 

"And I need to talk to them, that was incredibly brave, what you did. Renouncing the First Order, saving Poe and my daughter," Leia thanks him, giving them a soft smile. 

"Thank you," Finn returns the soft smile, "But a friend of ours was taken prisoner-"

"Han told me about the girl, I am sorry," 

"Finn and Adam are familiar with the weapon that destroyed the Hosnian system," Aurora says, "They worked on the base."

"We're desperate for anything you can tell us," Leia looks between the two. 

"That's where our friend was taken," Finn informs them, "We have to get there fast." 

"And I will do everything I can do to help, but first you need to tell us all you know," 

Finn was taken away to tell Leia all the information they needed. Poe, Han and Aurora stood side by side as they waited. Aurora lent back against the table behind her, sighing softly as she watched people move around them. Han looked at his daughter, gently nudging her boot with his own. 

"Are you alright?" 

"I am fine." 

Han chuckled, making Poe and Aurora turn to him, "I used to reply with the same answer whenever you mum asked me if I was alright when Ben left, she knew it was a lie, I knew it too, that's why I left because I couldn't stand lying to her anymore." 

Aurora looked down at her boots, Poe and Han sharing a look before Han continued, "I was a stinking lair as well, your mum knew, she was feeling just the same," Han stepped forward tilting Aurora's face to make her look at him, "You are going to kick ass and be my badass daughter we know, you got this kid." 

Aurora smiled, wrapping her arms around her dad as Han did the same. Poe smiled at the two. When he first joined the Resistance, he was scared to even look in Aurora's direction because Han was always be her side; fixing the Falcon, teaching her the way through the galaxy or simply sat chatting. The two were close, he helped her through everything and she helped him too. Han threatened Poe the moment when he caught them eating dinner together one evening but Han secretly adored how Poe looked after his daughter and knew Poe was always going to be there when he couldn't. 

---

Poe stood opposite Aurora and Han around the table as Leia, Finn and Adam joined by a crowd of Resistance fighters around them at the command centre. Aurora wrapped Han's jacket around her tighter as Chewie stands behind her and Han. Poe leans forward, hands gripping the table in front of him as he looks around the table at everyone. 

"The data from Snap's reconnaissance flight confirms Finn's report," Poe explains. 

"They've somehow created a hyper-lightspeed weapon built within a planet itself," Snap continued to explain. 

"A laser cannon?" asked someone in the crowd. 

"We aren't sure how to describe a weapon of this scale," Snap replied, looking up and around the crowd. 

"It's another Death Star." 

Han and Aurora shared a look before Aurora brought up the hologram of the Death Star, "This is the Death Star," Aurora then brought up another hologram that's significantly bigger than the Death Star, "And this is the Starkiller Base."

"How is it possible to power a weapon of that size?" asked another person from the crowd. 

"It uses the power of the sun," Finn answered as Adam stood next to him looking at the two hologram with a sigh, "As the weapon is charged, the sun is drained until it disappears." 

A woman came to stand beside Leia, whispering something before standing back. Leia sighed leaning forward on the table, "The First Order is charging the weapon again now. Our system is next."

"Oh my," C-3PO panics, "Without the Republic fleet, we are doomed."

"Okay, how do we blow it up?" Han asks, "There is always a way to do that." 

"Han is right," Leia says, the two sharing a glance making Aurora smile as Poe looks at her with a smile of his own. 

"In order for that amount of power to be contained, that base has to have some kind of thermal oscillator," Poe explains, standing straighter as he crosses his arms over his chest. 

"There is one," Finn replies.

"Here, precinct 47," Adam pointed at the hologram. 

"If we can destroy the oscillator, it might destabilise the core and cripple the weapon," Aurora shared a look with her mum, raising a brow, "Maybe the planet."

"We'll go in there," Poe pointed to the lower part of the base, "We will hit that oscillator with everything we've got." 

"No," Leia shook her head, nodding at the hologram, "They have defensive shields that our ships can't penetrate."

"We disable the shields," Han says, then turned to look between Finn and Adam, "You two worked here, what your got?" 

Finn and Adam shared a look as Adam smirked turning back to Han, "We can do it."

"I like these two." 

"We can disable the shields, but we have to be there," Finn says, "On the planet." 

"We will get you there," Han replies, looking over his shoulder at Chewie as Leia turns to him.

"Han, how?" She asks.

"If he told you, you wouldn't like it," Aurora answered for him as Han rolled his eyes but agreed non-the-less.

"So we disable the shields, we take out the oscillator and we blow up the big gun," Poe says, Chewie roared making Aurora smile as Poe looked at her, "Lets go."