Happy Birthday - psh x khj (F/slight A)

It was a rough day.

It is now 10 pm, Hongjoong has been here, in his studio, since early morning.

It is November sixth, a day before his birthday.

He is now going through his 7th breakdown for the day.

The company won't stop pressuring him to produce and make new songs and every time he thought he made it, he ended up not liking anything he wrote or made and started over, crying in between.

The boy was exhausted, eyes puffy from tears and nose runny, staring at his computer screen with an empty look.

He decided he couldn't do this anymore, today was way too much and he should come back tomorrow, more refreshed, even though it's his birthday.

He stood up abruptly, not caring for the chair that he almost knocked over, collected his things and left the studio with tired steps.

He sniffled as he stepped outside, into the cold November air, and decided to walk to the dorms.

He needed some silence and fresh air.

The cold air blocked his loud thoughts and froze his face and exposed palms, calming him down.

A little over ten minutes later he arrived at the building and sighed, he couldn't wait to be surrounded by the comfort of his bed.

He went up the lift and reached their floor, walking with haste steps to their apartment.

He unlocked the door and opened it quietly, all the lights in the apartment were off and it was dead silent, everyone asleep already.

He sighed contently as he closed the door and smiled small, happy to finally be in the comfort of his home.

He walked towards his room and opened the door as quietly as he could, entering the dark room and closing the door behind him.

As he turned around he could hear the shower running faintly, he looked at the bottom bunk, noticing his roommate isn't there.

Hongjoong put his bag by his table, changed into his pajamas quickly and left to their guest bathroom to wash his face.

He returned to his room, the other still not present but the shower now silent, Hongjoong assumed he's dressing up.

He climbed up his bed, laid down and smiled, sighing as he closed his eyes and turned towards the wall, covering himself with his fluffy blanket.

The bathroom door opened, releasing warm, sweet smelling air into the room together with some dim light that turned off immediately.

Seonghwa walked out, now in his pajamas and slightly wet hair and noticed the bag near Hongjoong's table, happy to finally see the cute red bundle of hairs on the top bunk.

He set his phone on the small table near his bed and made his way towards their beds, leaning his elbow against the mattress quietly and running his fingers through his hair.

He leaned down to his ear and softly whispered, "happy birthday, Hongjoong-ah."

He stood back up and laid down on his bed, covering himself with his blanket, turning to the wall as well and closing his eyes.

Hongjoong, still awake, opened his eyes as they teared up.

He expected the older to be mad at him, to give him a lecture for not being home for the whole day.

Yet he was so soft with him and even wished him a happy birthday, a night before his birthday.

The small act of comfort from the older made him cry.