From The Sahara To The Sahara - psh x khj [F]

"Holy shit."

Were the only words that left the sweaty boy's mouth.

His smile was so wide, sweat dripping down his face and his eyes shone as bright as the stars that decorated the sky that night.

He let the staff remove his ear pieces and take his mic, the smile not fading for a second.

One of the makeup artists wiped his face, the dark red color of his hair dripping all over.

"Joong!"

Hongjoong turned his head to see a smiley Wooyoung running towards him.

He quickly thanked the makeup artist and turned his whole body, opening his arms wide and embracing the younger tightly.

"I-I can't believe we just did that?? What the fuck???" He questioned excitedly.

"I'm so proud of you, Youngie! So, so proud!" he hugged him even tighter, adrenaline still pumping through his body.

"GUYS!" A voice called and suddenly, two more people joined the hug.

They all laughed happily, hugging tight despite the sweat dripping down their body.

Four more boys watched the group hug and decided to join, crushing each other and laughing loudly.

As they let go of the hug they stood in a circle, all looking at their captain.

"I'm so proud of you, of all of you. I never in my life imagined us getting this far, performing at fucking Coachella. You all did such a good job, the show was amazing! I'm so proud of each of you for getting to this point," he spoke, eyes shining.

All the boys laughed and cheered, walking towards their vans.

They separated into groups of two and drove to their hotel, all falling asleep in the ride except for the still excited boy.

They reached their hotel, each of the boys going to their shared bedroom except for Hongjoong and Mingi, who decided to sit together at the 24/7 cafe of the hotel.

Hongjoong sipped at his hot chocolate, sighing right after, "I can't believe we did this, Min."

"I know," he sighed, "I never imagined getting this far."

They continued to talk about the show, the people they saw and the fun they had.

"I think I'll head up, I'm kinda tired," Mingi sighed out, standing up.

"I'll come with you," Hongjoong stood as well, "I think Hwa is worried, hopefully we won't kill me," he chuckled.

They made their way towards the elevator, going up to their floor.

"Night, Joong," Mingi yawned, walking towards his room.

"Night, Min!" he replied with a smile and entered his room silently.

"Joong?"

Hongjoong flinched and looked at the king sized bed, seeing Seonghwa laying there, phone in his hand.

"Oh," he sighed and smiled, "Hey Hwa."

"Hey," he smiled back, "where were you?"

Hongjoong took his blazer off, "with Mingi at the cafe downstairs," he explained, grabbing a towel and clean pajamas.

Seonghwa hummed and looked back at his phone, "you should go take a shower, it's really late."

"Mhm, I will," he said as he entered the bathroom, closing the door.

He took his clothes off, turned the water on and looked in the mirror while waiting for them to heat up.

He smiled at his own reflection, looking at all the red decorating his face and giggling to himself.

He entered the shower, relaxing his muscles under the hot water.

His adrenaline calmed down while he showered, dropping an exhausted feeling on the boy.

His body hurt, his muscles tight but his mind? Up in the sky.

He hummed as he left the shower, looking at the mirror to see his hair now pink-ish, dressing up and re-entering the bedroom.

Seonghwa was still on his phone, probably reading tweets about today's show as Hongjoong entered the bed.

"My whole body hurts," he whined, pulling the blanket up to his head.

Seonghwa chuckled, turning his phone off and laying it on the bedside table.

He turned towards the younger, who hid under the blanket, "Joong."

"Mm?" He hummed softly and tiredly as he peaked out.

"Come here," he opened his arms wide.

Hongjoong looked up at him questioningly but didn't ask anything, instead just scooting closer and laying his head on the older's arm.

Seonghwa held him close, running his fingers through his wet pink hair.

"You know," he started quietly, "I'm so proud of you, Joong."

"Mm?" The said male looked up and met the latter's eyes.

"Yeah," Seonghwa smiled, "so, so incredibly proud."

"Really?" He asked, glitters in his eyes.

"Of course," he answered, "you brought us here, you made us get this far. We're all so incredibly grateful to you, you have no idea."

Tears brimmed in his eyes as he smiled up,
"r-really, hyung?"

"Mhmm," he kissed his forehead and caressed his cheek, wiping the fallen tear, "and you did so amazing today, you were incredible."

Being his only hyung, Seonghwa wanted the younger to know that his efforts were seen.

Hongjoong smiled and more tears left his eyes, it was probably the exhaustion speaking, "t-thank you, hyung."

"Of course, angel, always," he put a stray strand of hair behind his ear, "you did great, Joongie."

Hongjoong scooted even closer to the older, "I still can't believe we did this, I-I can't believe we got this far! The first male Kpop group to ever perform on fucking Coachella? W-Who would've thought?!" He laughed as he cried.

Seonghwa chuckled, wiping each of the boy's tears with his thumb, "you got us here, sweetheart, it's all thanks to your hard work."

"S-Stop..." he mumbled as he sniffled, "i-it's thanks to all of you... you all worked so hard as well."

The older smiled and kissed his forehead once again, this time staying still for a few moments.

"Let's go to sleep," he pulled the younger closer as he closed his eyes, "I'm sure you're tired."

"Mhm," he hummed, closing his eyes as well and laying his head in the crook of Seonghwa's neck, "night, Hwa."

"Goodnight, petal."
————————————
WC: 998

A little cutesy one because I'm fucking obsessed with Seongjoong.

AND IM SO PROUD OF THEM WTF

Hope you liked it! <3