Chapter 3

“What?”

What kind of…nonsense is this…

My hands were shaking and my legs were about to lose their strength, but I put all my strength on my body.

I have Leo in my arms, and my two younger brothers were across the hallway in my room.

Now that my parents are not here, I am the guardian of my younger siblings, so I tried to act rationally as much as possible.

“That’s… hmm. What are you talking about?”

My voice trembled. I tried to pretend to be fine, but it was already after tears came down on my face.

I sniffed and asked back as calmly as possible.

“They went to the hospital in the capital. They couldn’t have passed away.”

“Around tomorrow, a transport containing the body sent from the hospital will come. I’m going to prepare for the funeral.”

“Don’t say weird things!”

“Ahh.”

Surprised by the nervous cry, Leo burst into tears. However, I didn’t feel like I had to soothe Leo.

It was too much just to grasp the situation now.

They said they would buy as many delicious things as they could on their way back, saying that I only needed to take good care of my younger siblings.

I can’t believe they died. It really doesn’t make any sense.

“This is a death certificate.”

I checked the documents handed over by the man. I was so nervous that I couldn’t breathe.

“Hah…”

A sigh came out one after another. Karl Herrington and his wife, Grace Herrington… This must be a lie. Or a nightmare.

“…Go.”

“Calm down.”

“Get out!”

“Elizabe-“

“I told you to get out! Get out! Get out of my house!”

Edward and Daniel opened the door after hearing my voice. Even though my younger siblings saw me, I couldn’t control my behavior.

“Sister?”

“Sister, what’s going on?”

“Get out! Get out!”

I put Leo down and pushed the man with all my might.

I didn’t want to see such a vicious liar scammer.

“Get out! If you don’t go out, I’ll report you!”

“Sister is crying.”

Leo cried and I screamed like crazy.

I rushed into the man and punched him, and Edward grabbed me and tried to calm me down.

In the meantime, Daniel stood absent-minded after checking the documents I threw on the floor.

It was literally a mess.

~*~

“Elizabeth, you have to be alert.”