Chapter 9

(Warning: Some abuse in the second half of the chapter)

I felt like I was going to die from exhaustion.

It’s hard to be physically tired, but I’m mentally exhausted from seeing and touching insects, and I want to lie down on the dirt floor.

“It’s because it’s your first time. It’ll be okay when you get used to it.”

Unlike me, Matilda only looked a little tired.

I looked at the other children who followed us. Daniel-sized children fed goats and cleaned up the chicken farm with their hands, but there was no complaint. It’s like they’re very used to this kind of thing.

All of a sudden, I realized how much I grew up as a flower in a greenhouse.

“But why did you come all the way here without staying in Sierra?”

“Uh… In Sierra, we can’t be in the same nursery together because I’m getting old. They said we could be together until I turn 15 here.”

“You’ve come all the way here even though there’s only a few months left until you’re 15?”

“Right.”

“You think like a fool. If it were me, I would have stayed in my hometown. Sierra sounds like a dream.”

Was it a foolish decision to dream of a future with my younger brothers? What would be the right choice?

“It’s okay. Everything will be solved soon.”

That was what I said to myself, not Matilda. Everything will be fine, it will be solved.

Actually, I’m so nervous. I want to run away several times a day.

Even if I go to my mother’s and father’s graves, I’ll have to hold back the desire to cry.

If I collapse, my siblings will really collapse. The boundary of my family may disappear forever if we’re scattered.

I don’t like that. Family is the only inherited thing left by my mother and father. I don’t want to be an idiot who misses such a valuable gift.

“I believe my godmother will reply soon.”

Matilda responded insignificantly to me.

“I hope everything goes well.”

“Yes, thank you.”

The conversation ended with that. Matilda didn’t seem to expect to hear from my godmother, and I was so exhausted.

In the meantime, we comforted and carried the whining children, and when we arrived, the sun was setting behind our backs.

Kirgen’s sunset is beautiful like Sierra.

“We’re home. Here is the wage.”

Matilda handed over the daily wage she received today to Mrs. Miller.

Mrs. Miller counted the money without saying a word of appreciation and distributed us less than half of the daily wage.

“It’s a week’s allowance.”

“When will you return my 3 million bergs?”

Mrs. Miller didn’t even listen to me, but shouted as she went inside.

“Everyone, wash your hands first so that you can have dinner! If you’re late, you won’t have a meal!”.

“Madam! My 3 million…”