Chapter 8

“Of course not.”

“When the money comes later, you know how I’ll get upset.”

“I came here…”

Perhaps because of Mrs. Miller’s chilling voice, Leo was especially scared and hugged me. Mrs. Miller frowned.

“He’s eight years old and still a fool?”

“He’s a little sensitive.”

Mrs. Miller listened to me and rolled my luggage open and looked inside.

“Hey, what are you doing!”

“Shut up. Let’s see… Here we go!”

A bag of three million bergs was in her hand, which had slipped out of my bag.

“Oh hey. That’s quite a lot of money. How are you hiding this? Growing up, you must have not been good at lying, but you still had money hidden away!”

“It’s my money. Don’t touch it!”

“How much money I can get from here, it should help! Matilda, what are you doing? Guide this kid to her room! And you, a little boy the size of a mouse. Eight and ten-year-olds should stay in the children’s room. Follow me.”

As I opened my mouth to retaliate against Mrs. Miller, someone grabbed my hand and dragged me. A little girl, one span taller than me, dragged me with great force and took me somewhere.

“Mrs. Miller took my money. I have to get it back.”

“Your brothers still look very young, you better just give it to Mrs. Miller.”

“What?”

The girl turned around and introduced herself.

“Call me Matilda. Hey. I don’t know what Sierra was like, but in the Empire, you shouldn’t be reckless. It’ll become a big deal.”

“But…”

“Even if you are from Sierra, this is the Empire. You don’t know what will happen if you act your way, so just move on.”

I thought something was wrong. As confusion appeared on my face, Matilda comforted me.

“Still, the situation here is better for an orphanage. The place the temple manages is even more terrifying.”

“…”

Was coming to the Empire a wise choice? I was concerned.

“If you look good to Mrs. Miller, she will help you meet your godmother who is in the capital.”

“That…”

That was too unfair. Even before she could say that, Leo’s cry could be heard.

“Sister. Wahhh. Sister!”

The conversation was interrupted by Leo’s cry. Hurriedly, when I went to the place where Leo’s voice was heard, I saw Mrs. Miller, who had an annoyed face, and Daniel, who was trying to comfort Leo.

“Sister.”

Leo found me and immediately ran to me and hugged me. He’s very timid and sensitive, and he’s still young and gets scared of things, so it seems he was afraid of being separated from me.

“Your brother should start with discipline.”

“I’ll do my best.”

“If you did your best, would he cry like this just because you’re away from him? By the way, tomorrow, the girls will have a picnic nearby, so take the lead with Matilda and go.”