𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒

"Yeah, yeah no need to tell twice." I murmured to him when we step out of the car.

"I'm good, right?" Sam asks from us.

"Yeah, you're good." Miles tells him.

"Mm-m." I hummed to him and looked my shoes because I was getting uncomfortable about Trent and his henchman.

"Okay." Sam says and we continue walking towards the others.

"Hey, guys, check it out." I heard Trent saying to his friends.

I saw Mikaela and she hugged Trent from behind and we made eye contact. Yeah, we were friends and I guess we still are but we don't hang out that much anymore. Honestly not at all. I tried to give her a soft smile that I could read what she's thinking.

"Hey, bro. That car. It's nice. Hey." Trent keeps yelling to us and soon as we get next to Trent's car, Miles starts to climb on the tree. I pinch my temples.

"So, what are you guys doing here?" Trent asks.

"Well, it's a lake so what do you think we're doing?" I asked from him with an attitude.

"Hah, you're very sharp, y/n..." Trent smiles sarcastically.

"You know, I thought I recognized you." Trent said to Sam and I crossed my arms over my chest.

"You tried out for the football team last year, right?" Trent continued.

*Flashback

Shit... That was funny.

"Oh, no, no, that... No. That wasn't like a real tryout. I was researching a book. I was writing." Sam tried to defence himself.

I randomly turn to look at Mikaela and now she gave me a soft smile.

Are we still friends?

Truly I was kinda reliefed that she smiled which means that she don't hate me.

"Yeah? What's it about? Sucking at sports?" I heard Trent asks from Sam and I can see how he tried to be funny. Sam chuckles sarcastically at him.

"No, it's about the link between brain damage and football." Sam backfires and that was the moment when I bursted out of laugh but I tried to hide it obviously.

I saw everyone looking at me and it was surprising that Mikaela was smiling.

"No, it's a good book. Your friends will love it. You now, it's got mazes in it, and, you know, little coloring areas, sections, pop-up pictures. It's a lot of fun." Sam says and I smile widely while still my arms over my chest but I walked closer to Sam.

"That's funny." Trent says with mad expression and starts walk towards Sam.

I step in front of Sam even though I don't need to.

"Hey big boy.. You better think before you try. .." I said to him and then Mikaela stops Trent by pushing him back.

"Okay, okay. You know what? Stop" Mikaela says and walks over Trent's car.

Trent's staring at us intensily but eventually walks away.

"Dipshit..." I murmur and look at Sam. I walk past him towards the car because i'm tired of being here especially with Trent.

I open the door and i threw myself inside and i sat on the seat. I accidentally slam the door shut and I don't know if it was real or just inside of my head but I swear to god this seat just moved.

"Sorry..." I said and then I laughed that I was apologizing to car.

I watch the situation. Sam and Miles are walking towards but Mikaela is walking to other way.