Chapter 17

Once again, I didn't check this one.

Please comment and vote :)

Chapter 17

"Can someone help him?!" I screamed as I rushed into the E.R., Liam's limp body in my arms. People looked up at me, and they jumped up to help.

After they removed his body from my arms, they quickly but softly placed him on a gurney.

As soon as his body touched the cot, he began twitching violently again. the nurses raised the safety bars immediately before yelling orders and commands to each other that I didn't catch.

My body was numb. I couldn't move. I just stared as he was quickly wheeled back around the corner, and out of sight.

I let out a shaky breath, running my hands through my hand before tugging at the roots. Tears were streaming down my face, my knees shaking violently.

"Excuse me?" A nurse asked, softly resting a comforting hand on my shoulder. "I need information about the man you just brought in, would you mind?" I shook my head, tearing my gaze away from the corner in which he disappeared. "Who was that man to you? A friend? Brother?"

"Boyfriend.." I said shakily. I watched as her face filled with sympathy for me.

"What was your name?" She guided me to a waiting chair, pulling out her clipboard I didn't notice she was holding.

"Zayn. Zayn Malik." She nodded, scribbling down my name. " His name is Liam Payne." The name sounded too beautiful to be said here. I would rather whisper it in the privacy of ourselves.

---------

After a while of answering questions, she nurse smiled sadly at me. "Well, Hun, your boyfriend is in surgery right now, and we'll let you know as soon as we hear something."

I nodded and she got up and left me sighs comforting pat on my leg. I pulled out my phone, and called the number I didn't want to dial. How was I supposed to break the news?

"Hey Zaynie!" Karen's voice chirped happily. My heart broke. "What's going on?"

"I'm at the hospital." Was all I could choke out.

"Is Liam..." She swallowed as her voice broke, "Is he dead?"

A bile rose up in my throat at the harsh word, but I swallowed it down. "No. He hit his head, threw up then had a seizure... I think." I paused to breath as I could hear rustling on the other line. "I think it burst."

"On my way, stay there." She begged quickly before hanging up the phone.

I sat on the hard chairs, watching people go in and out, unfazed by the sight of my chest heaving with sobs. My whole chest hurt, the thought of the unthinkable, planted in my head.

It was my fault. Liam hit his head because of me. It's my fault. It's my fault. He could die and it's all my fault.

"Zaynie!" I heard someone call my name. I stood at the sight of a tear streaked Karen, running at me with open arms.

Once she reached me, she did hesitate to wrap her arms around me in a heartbreaking hug. It was something that I really needed right now.

Geoff stood behind us, tears silently falling down his face, his body tense. Once Karen let go, he pulled me into a bone crushing hug. I breathed in the man's comforting scent; he smelt just like Liam.

"I'm sorry you have to go through this." He whispered; his shaky voice was heartbreaking.

I couldn't find the words to comfort the father of a sick man. I couldn't tell him that it was going to be alright, because it very well couldn't be. I couldn't tell him that I was sorry, because Liam was still alive, fighting for his life.