Chapter 25 - Amaya's Marriage Fixed?

"Do need some water?", asked Amaya as Mantu sat on her bed and picked up the tablet. "Yes, thank you.", said he while scrolling the pictures. "Amaya the pictures are amazing! This is the best", said Mantu as he took the glass of water from her and showed her the picture. "I know Mantu, this is my favourite as well.", said Amaya as she kept the glass on the side table and smiled shyly. "I think I should bring you some lunch. Wait for a minute" and Amaya ran downstairs to get him food. She saw that Nanaji and Mamaji hasn't come yet. She took out a plate and went upstairs.

He made himself comfortable as he sat on her bed and removed his shoes and socks. "Here!", said Amaya as she gave him the plate. He mouthed thank you as he smiled and took the plate. "This tastes amazing." Amaya smiled lightly and just then Piya ran coming towards them. Karan also entered as he smiled. "Amu pass me the tablet na, I need to complete some work." "Yeah sure." "Piya I'm going out for an hour, stay with bui only", said Karan as he kissed his daughter and waved them a bye and went away. Piya sat in Mantu's lap as she gave him her bit of gossip. Mantu listened to her talks intently as she made all her hand movements. Amaya smiled seeing them bonding. Mantu drank the water as he stretched himself and yawned. "Feeling sleepy?" "Yeah kinda.", said Mantu. "Okay you can sleep here, I'll wake you up after an hour." "No Amaya, we need to prepare for tomorrow's sangeet. You did all the preparations for Haldi. I know the function will start as soon as Chaubeyji will come with Haldi and when Hari uncle will come. You also need to get ready na." "Arey, I asked di. She told me that they will come in an hour and we can't start till the Haldi will not come from Rama's house. I think they have started the function. And my saree and my makeup kit is in Rachita di's room as I need her help in draping the saree. You don't worry you can sleep here."

Mantu was about to say something when Amaya placed her finger. "No further arguments Mr. Mantu, decision is final. I'll keep this plate and you can sleep here.", said Amaya as she went away with the plate. "Mumma also talks with dad like this.", said Piya. "I know, she is behaving like a typical wife Piya, I don't know what will she do when she will become one.", said Mantu as he breathed heavily. Piya laughed loudly. Mantu laughed as well, as they high-fived each other. "Do you want to nap here with me?", asked Mantu as he lies on the bed. Piya nodded as she said, "Yes" and Mantu patted her to sleep.

There, Sneha entered the kitchen as she saw Amaya washing the plate. "Don't worry beta, we will do all at once.", said Sneha as she came near her daughter. "No thank you. I am responsible enough to do my work on my own", said Amaya, stressing on the word 'responsible' and she continued working. "Beta, I am..." "No Mom, I don't want to talk about it anymore. I am tired proving you that I'm also someone you can trust to but not anymore. During this process of proving you my worth, I lost myself but not anymore. I'm done. I am a bad daughter, a bad lady and will always be that. I have accepted it and I don't want any arguments on this. I love myself because I am selfish." And with that Amaya went upstairs leaving a stunned Sneha behind.

She went into her room and saw Mantu and Piya sleeping. Piya's leg were on Mantu's face but Mantu was still in a deep slumber. She smiled as she covered them with a blanket and passed her hand from his hairs. She slowly closed the door and went inside Rachita's room. "Thank God Amaya you are here. Please help me with makeup yaa.", said Rachita as she looked beautiful in her yellow saree. Amaya nodded as she helped her in her makeup and then she got ready herself. She was looking just perfect. The yellow saree with silver embellishments and silver jewellery made her look like an silver angel. The light nude makeup with straight open hair complimented her look. She just twirled in front of the mirror when she heard Chaubeyji shouting Mantu's name loudly.

She ran downstairs and saw Hari Chachu, Rudra, Rudra's mom, Sneha and Chaubeyji in the verandah. "Why are you shouting Mantu's name Nanaji, he is sleeping.", said Amaya. Amaya greeted Hari as she smiled lovingly. "Finally you are here Chachu." "Its all because of you Amaya. God bless you beta.", said Hari and he blessed her. "Don't change the topic Amaya. Why is he sleeping and where is he sleeping.", said Chaubeyji angrily. "What is this question. He is sleeping because he was working on a presentation whole night and he is sleeping in my room." "What! He is sleeping in your room. Isn't he getting involved way too much. Amaya warn him to stay away from us, he is a gunda.", said Chaubeyji.

"Yeah, I know where all this is coming from. He took away your deal that's why na. Nanaji this is against business ethics." "How do you know about the deal." "He told me as I helped him with his presentation." "You helped him?? Being my natin you helped this hooligan. Why are you so concerned about him? What is going on? Tell me." Amaya was losing her mind. He was continuously insulting Mantu and she was unable to handle it. Amaya took a deep breath as she spoke, "Firstly he is not a gunda. If he is a gunda then he wouldn't be standing in the presentation. Secondly, he is my friend and honestly speaking, I know him more than I know you. He came in my life and helped us settling here when you called my father a 'Chor'. Thirdly, I'll not warn him as I know his heart is clean. If he had bad intentions then he would have done wrong to us when we were alone but he didn't, instead he helped us. Ask mom.", said Amaya, trying her level best to control her anger.

Just then Mamaji came and said, "I tried every means babuji, to get the deal but they are firm that they want to give him, that Mantu a chance." Amaya lost her mind at that. "How could you do that Nanaji, and you call yourself ethical. These are not business ethics." "Don't teach me what to do and what not. You don't know anything. You are a woman." "Yeah I'm a woman but stronger and I know nothing and yet I still helped him getting the deal for which you are begging right now. Imagine what would have happened if I knew everything.", said Amaya sternly.

Chaubeyji was quiet. Amaya moved closer to him and looked in his eyes. "I am Rishi Mathur's daughter. Business runs in my blood. What you just tried to do was completely unethical and mean. How can you stoop so low and you call yourself a business man. Chii." Chaubeyji clenched his fists as Sneha tried to stop Amaya. Hari tried to control the situation as he said, "Let it go Chaubeyji, winning and losing is a part and parcel of life and Amaya is just like Rishi, hard from outside but extremely loving from inside...and" Chaubeyji raised his hand and everyone stopped talking.

"Her tongue is really working very fast. I have decided. Amaya will get married to Rudra in the same mandap as Rachita."