Chapter 47 - ManYa's Shopping Spree

"Panditji, we want to do a pooja for a happy and prosperous married life.", said Amaya and she handed the pooja thaali to panditji. Panditji nodded as he walked away and asked them to pray to mahadev. "Thank you Mahadev. Thank you so much that you stood by our love when even we gave up. You and Ganga maa knows how much we love each other. Please give me strength to make everything fall into place. Please help us build a happy and successful marriage filled with loads of love and happiness.", prayed Amaya as she closed her eyes.

"Mahadev, now that I know you want us to stay together. Please help me to keep Amaya happy and healthy. I want to give her all the love, happiness, success and care she deserves.", Mantu sent out a prayer to his Mahadev. "Here's your prasad.", said panditji as he came back with a thaali and have them one bhog each. "Beta, here's the holy vermilion box, fill her maang again with this.", said panditji as he gave a small box to Mantu. Mantu looked at Amaya as he took a small amount of sindoor and filled Amaya's maang again. Amaya closed her eyes as her heart, mind, body, and soul were too filled with his love, his color, his name. They bent down and touched panditji's feet before leaving the mandir.

"Where do we go next!?", asked Amaya. "Umm... the market!?", suggested Mantu. "I'll never say no to shopping Mantu.", said Amaya cheekily. Mantu laughed as he sat on the bike and so did Amaya. They rode off.

Amaya entered the shop as she sat in sarees corner with glitter in her eyes. "Show me some trendy sarees please. Mantu entered the showroom and took a deep breath. "Why are you obsessed with sarees and so suddenly?", asked Mantu as he supported his head on his hand as he leaned on the table. "I'll buy some Mantu. Please.", said Amaya as she saw the sarees the employee showed. Mantu nodded as he took his phone out and started playing the game. "Please show me that saree.", said Amaya and the employee showed her that.

Mantu was giving her glances in a minute or two but she was busy. She was selecting one piece then rejecting it. "Amaya, if you are liking them then why can't you just buy them. What is the problem?", said Mantu as he stood up and stand close to Amaya. Amaya fumbled, "Umm... I think you are right. I should forget about the sarees. And I have other clothes. I don't need to shop. Yes we don't need to shop." Mantu noticed that she is holding a saree quite tightly. Precisely the price tag. "Okay but still you might like atleast a single saree.", said Mantu. "See this is pretty.", said Mantu as he touched that same saree and Amaya smiled nervously. Thinking hard what should be her excuse. "Umm... yes but too much stones.", said Amaya. "And this...", said Mantu. "The color is too bright.", excused Amaya. "Okay... what about this. It is so simple and plain. Just how you like it.", said Mantu as he looked at Amaya trying hard to read her mind. "Yes... Yes... But too simple for a new wedded wife.", excused Amaya again. "Leave na Mantu. No saree was appealing enough. I'll go and check some suits.", said Amaya as she walked to the section of suits.

Dodging his questions. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes. "It is so difficult to lie to Mantu. His eyes just pierces my heart.", thought Amaya. She prayed that atleast one suit is under her budget. Mantu looked at Amaya going and sitting on another counter and smiled as he said to the employee, "Pack all these sarees for us. Thank you." And went to Amaya. He stood behind her as he inserted his arm around her neck and kept his chin on her head. Amaya fumbled as she saw the suits that the employee displayed in front of her. Every suit looked expensive.

"I think this suit will be good for Uma right?", said Amaya as she turned to look at Mantu. "Don't look for Uma. If you like it buy it for yourself Amaya.", said Mantu and Amaya nodded. Nervously. She never wanted to burden Mantu with these petty things. She knew he had bigger things to do. He has his own set of responsibilities and he needs money for that. Amaya secretly tried seeing the price tag when Mantu placed his other hand on hers. Tightly. He took the price tag and hide it under the cloth. He intertwined his fingers with hers as he said, "In this way you will not get anything Amu. Trust your husband. He can atleast buy you a few new clothes if nothing more.", said Mantu. "I am that much capable." Amaya looked at Mantu with tears in her eyes. "I never meant to disrespect you Mantu. I just..." "I know that. Just buy whatever you feel like. Its your day.", said Mantu smiling as he brushed her tears. Amaya smiled hesitantly as she selected a few suits and moved to the billing counter.

The employee showed all their selected dresses as Amaya said, "I never selected the sarees." "I did...", said Mantu as he took out his card and gave it to the manager. "Mantu..." "Amaya... Shhhh.", said Mantu. Amaya remained quiet. Amaya held his arm as he smiled. She smiled back. The manager greeted them as they went out of the shop.

"Mantu, now can we head to Rama jiju's house? Please. I need to see Rachi di. I need to hug her.", said Amaya as she sat on the bike behind him. "Yes, we should head for their home now.", said Mantu as they rode off.