v. ONE TASTE OF YOUR LIFE

The line went dead. You turned your head to see Eddie had pressed the 'end call' button. He grabbed the receiver from your hands and placed it back onto the hook.

     When Robin heard the busy signal, a terrible feeling settled in her gut. She looked up at Dustin and Steve, "Something's wrong," she spoke. The three exchanged glances, they needed to get to your house, immediately.

     Eddie had backed you up against the wall, his arms caging you in, making it impossible for you to escape. You never realized how cold his body felt until now, as it was pressed up against you. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry, she... she doesn't think you killed Chrissy. She won't tell anybody that you're here, I swear!" you sniffled, tears building up in your eyes.

     Eddie smirked, and that's when you took notice of two very, very sharp fangs protruding from his mouth. "They camouflage well, don't they?" Eddie said, referring to the two teeth. You nodded fervently, not wanting to upset him. "I was worried, at first, that they would be like this all the time. Thankfully, they're able to shrink down to a regular size," he explained it so casually, as if this was something everyone had experienced.

     Things began to piece together. His weird behavior, his obsession with the predator and prey dynamic, it all made sense now, and this was all the more worrying. "Pl-Please, don't kill me!" you weeped, your body shaking violently in fear.

     Eddie tsked, moving a strand of hair from your face, "Don't be silly. Why would I kill you? I need you alive. Otherwise, how will I feed?" Eddie grabbed your neck and tilted your head upwards, exposing your jugular to him. This made you sob harder. "You said you would help me, remember? I thought that was your thing... helping people and animals in need. Well guess what, that's exactly what I am. An animal in need of help. So, be good and keep your promise." With every word, a shred of Eddie's past self died. This new Eddie, he was close to being in complete control.

     You did as you were told, trying your best to minimize your sobs as you felt Eddie drag his fangs across the skin of your throat. "This is gonna hurt. Moving's just gonna make it worse," was all Eddie said before sinking his teeth into your flesh. Small whimpers escaped your lips as you bit down on them, drawing more blood with your own teeth. Your vision started to become spotty as Eddie continued to drink. You were getting dizzier by the millisecond. Finally, Eddie pulled away with a pleased groan.

      Hazily, you looked up at him. The sight of his mouth coated in your blood had your stomach churning in fear and another feeling that you couldn't place. Your vision blurred as Eddie spoke, "God, you taste so sweet. Best fuckin' thing I've ever tasted." The last thing you registered before blacking out was Eddie swiping a finger over your lip, collecting the blood you drew, and licking it clean off of his finger with a low moan.

     Steve pressed on the gas, trying his best to stay focused with Robin and Dustin bickering right in his ear. "Eddie wouldn't hurt her, Robin! For all we know, they're watching a movie together or something," Dustin defended his undead friend.

     "I know Eddie wouldn't hurt her. But we can't be positive that Eddie is the same Eddie as before. Does that make any sense? Cause it kinda seems like I'm talking some real crazy talk right now!" Robin ranted, her words coming out of her faster than the speed of light.

     "Will you two just shut up for one goddamn second! I need to collect my thoughts," Steve groaned.

     "There are thoughts up there? I could've sworn it was hollow," Robin teased, chuckling at her own joke.

     "Robin," Steve scolded, his eyes staring daggers into the car in front of him. DRIVE FASTER, he wanted to shout.

    Steve swerved around the corner, sending Dustin flying into the side of the car. "Sorry," Steve mumbled out a quick apology, he sped up when he saw your street. He slammed on the brakes when he pulled into your driveway. The three of them scurried out of the car. The front door was locked, so they scrambled to the back door. Unlocked.

       The house was silent. Steve waved Robin and Dustin inside, allowing them to follow behind him as he snuck around the first floor. Not a single sign of you, or Eddie. The three of them stopped at the stairs. The lights were off, all of the blinds were closed. "Here goes nothing," Steve murmured, beginning the walk up the stairs, Robin and Dustin hot on his trail. Steve swore he could hear a muffled voice coming from your room. He waved Dustin and Robin over as he crept to your door. Hesitantly, he placed his hand on the doorknob, slowly opening the door.

     Eddie's head jerked up to meet the three intruders. His shoulders dropped when he saw who it was. Seeing Dustin's face brought old Eddie back in the blink of an eye. His gaze softened and a smile grew on his face. "Henderson!" he exclaimed, standing up in excitement.

     Steve and Robin shoved Eddie to the side, allowing for a better view of the current state you were in. You laid on your bed, sleeping. Gauze was wrapped around your neck from when Eddie had fed from you.

      "What did you do?!" Steve scolded, gripping Eddie's shoulders with all of the strength he could muster. Old Eddie had disappeared as quick as he came. Eddie quickly switched the position, slamming Steve against the wall, just like he had at the boat house.

     "You think I want to be this way, Harrington? Huh?" Eddie spat, baring his fangs to him.

     Steve shook his head, "No, man, no. But you can't be doing this, all right? It's not okay, it's not fair. Y/n/n, doesn't deserve this."

     "It was y/n/n's idea," Eddie lied, mocking the way Steve said your nickname.

   "What do you mean?" Robin asked. Eddie turned his attention onto the girl now, his grip on Steve going lax.

     "I mean, Y/n was the one who suggested it," Eddie explained, "she saw I was in need of help, so she helped the best way she knew how."

     "That does sound like her," Robin sighed, sitting on your bed in defeat.

     "Oh, what? So that's it? This can't be the longterm solution. She can't be giving you her blood for the rest of her life!" Steve scoffed.

     "If she's okay with it, I really don't see why it should be any of your concern, Harrington. We've got a system here that works. Would you rather have me kill her?" Eddie spat, his tone far from joking.

     "You try anything like that and I'll beat you to death," Steve sneered, getting closer to Eddie.

     "I'd like to see you try," was all Eddie said in response. Steve had attempted to pounce on Eddie but Robin and Dustin held him back.

     "Okay, we're leaving now," Dustin grunted as he tried to keep Steve at bay.

     "I'll be stopping by everyday, Munson. If anything, and I mean anything, is making Y/n uncomfortable, I'll... I'll call the cops!" Steve threatened as he was pulled out of the room and down the stairs. Eddie gave him a patronizing smile and wave as Steve was dragged out of the house.