xiv. I STRIKE ANY HOUR

You, Eddie and Steve had lugged Jason's body into your attic. As you placed him down, your eyes met Eddie's. He sent you his best attempt at a comforting smile, but his fangs only served as a reminder of the stinging pain in your neck.

      Steve let out a groan as he let go of Jason's upper body. "Since it's dark out, it's safe enough for Eddie to travel. Eddie and I are gonna go pick up Dustin, he'll know what to do. Y/n, you stay here, just make sure if anything happens you call us."

     The three of you walked back downstairs, you swayed awkwardly as Eddie and Steve talked amongst themselves.

      Eddie was the first of the two to turn to you. He walked up to you, placing his hands on your shoulders. "If Dustin's easy to find, we'll be back within thirty minutes. If he's not home, it'll be a few hours, tops. If you need anything, just, uh, call Robin, okay?"

      You nodded, "Can you guys pick Robin up, too? I feel like she should be included."

     Steve looked to Eddie, the two of them communicating through gestures. Eddie turned back to you with a shrug, "Sure, why not."

     Steve and Eddie made their way outside, leaving you alone with Jason's unconscious body.

     For the first hour, things had gone smoothly. Normally you were impeccable at following directions, but you were bored, and you figured nothing terrible was going to happen if you just took a quick peek around the attic.

     As you climbed your way up the stairs to the attic, your eyes went wide with fear when you saw that Jason was nowhere to be seen. "Fuck," you muttered, panic beginning to set in. You started to climb down and that's when you felt a rope around your neck, slamming you to the floor and knocking you out.

      When you came to, you realized your wrists and ankles were bound with rope. You tried to scream but that's when you felt a knife to your neck.

      "Scream and I'll slit your throat. All of your friends will come in and see you, dead," Jason's voice sounded out from behind you. You quivered, at the feeling of the cold blade. "Tell me now, why have you been helping Munson?"

     "Because, Jason, he didn't kill Chrissy. I know that you miss her, I do. But you're blinded with a violent desire to extract revenge. But you've got it all wrong. Eddie didn't kill her. I don't know who did, but I know Eddie, and he isn't capable of doing anything like that," you choked out.

      "Are you hearing yourself? He's got you wrapped around his finger. He is literally sucking the life out of you!" Jason sneered, his body shaking with rage.

     "I let him, you idiot!" you exclaim.

     Jason digs the knife into your throat, you could feel the blood beginning to trickle down your neck. "I really wanted to wait to kill you so I could watch Eddie lose his girl, but you're making it very difficult for me."

      His girl. Somehow, for some sick, twisted reason, those were the words that stood out to you. Not how Jason had just confessed his plan to kill you, but that other people thought you and Eddie were dating. That you were Eddie's girl.

      You could hear the front door creak open, and you could faintly hear Steve and Dustin bickering about something as Robin dropped one of her sarcastic one-liners. "Good news for me, they're right on time," Jason hissed. "Hey, guys, you might wanna come see this!" Jason jeered, his voice carrying throughout the house.

     Immediately after he finished speaking, you heard the sound of rushed footsteps making their way to the attic. The first person to make it up was Steve, followed by Eddie, then Robin, then Dustin.

     Eddie stepped forward, a sinister growl escaping his mouth. Steve stepped up next to him, Steve now pointing Jason's gun back at Jason. "Jason, don't, please," Steve begged.

      "You're making me do this! You hear me? You're forcing me to do this!" Jason shouted, spit flying from his mouth.

     "Hi," you pathetically sobbed, tears streaming down your face as you gazed at your friends petrified faces. The last thing you wanted was for them to see you like this, your last moments alive.

     "Any last words?" Jason asked the room, his grip on the knife tightening. "Too late," Jason said with faux-sympathy.

      Before anyone could do anything else, Jason swiped the blade across your throat. Your screams came out mute, and you could hear your heartbeat in your ear. An overwhelming feeling of warmth washed over you as your blood came spilling out of your neck.

     Time resumed at a normal pace when you heard a gunshot and then the thump of Jason's body falling to the ground next to you.