x. WHEN YOU FEEL SAFE

"You're telling me that you have a crush on Eddie Munson, who is currently staying in your house as your own domesticated vampire? Robin asked, turning to face you as she frosted the last cookie.

     "Listen, it sounds crazy. Believe me, I know. But Rob, you don't understand how oddly... attractive it is when he drinks my blood," you exclaimed, your cheeks heating up at the thought.

      "How erotic," she teased, "anyways, your parents are coming back next week. Whad'ya plan on telling them?" 

     Your eyes widened, "Shit!" how could you have forgotten about the absolute pests that are your parents, "Shit, shit, shit!"

      "You're a dead girl walking, literally," Robin let out a hearty chuckle at her joke.

     "Robin, this is serious! Either they kill me, they kill Eddie, or Eddie kills them. Either way, someone is going to die," you whine. Your parents were, well, they were borderline abusive. Never physical, although, you wouldn't put it past them. With how protective Eddie could be, you knew that something bad was destined to happen. Plus, you had failed to mention to them that a metalhead vampire who was wanted for murder was sleeping in their guest bedroom.

      "You, my dear friend, are completely and utterly screwed," Robin began, "It's a shame that you don't have a friend whose parents are loaded and also just so happen to always be out of town."

     You laughed in her face at the idea of Steve letting Eddie even step a foot in his house, "They hate each other, Rob. I honestly think I'd rather take my chances with my parents. Plus, I have that little tiny crawlspace in my closet. If Eddie wants to stay with me that bad, he could stay there when they're home."

     "Why not just let him stay in your attic?" Robin suggested, taking a bite out of the monster she called a cookie.

     "You're a genius. See, this is why I have you around," you smiled, playfully hitting her stomach with your elbow.

     "Really? I always thought it was because of my impeccable social skills and my welcoming aura," Robin replied as she licked the excess frosting from off of the spoon.

     "Yeah, that too," you grumbled but couldn't help the smile that appeared as you watched her struggle to keep the cookie from coming back up. "I told you, you put way too much frosting on that. Just looking at it is making me sick."

     "Come on, just have a bite. Just one bite!" she exclaimed, shoving the cookie into your mouth. You sent her a playful glare as the overwhelming taste of frosting flooded your taste buds.

     "Disgusting," your voice was muffled by the cookie you were trying your best to swallow. 

    "With the way you're refusing to eat my delicious food, I'm starting to think you're a vampire too," she laughed, wiping her hands off on her shorts.

     "See? All gone," you opened your mouth to show her you ate all of the cookie, "I barely complained, too. So, that's something."

      "If Eddie's a vampire, do you think he can still get boners?" Robin asked abruptly.

    You looked at her with wide eyes. Truth be told, you hadn't really thought about that. "Robin Buckley! What would Richard and Melissa think if they heard their daughter speaking such vulgar language in their own kitchen?"

      "I think they would be a tad bit curious as to why their daughter's best friend is letting Eddie Munson stay in their house," Robin replied.

    "Touché, Buckley. Touché."